Job Title:Program Assistant (ANTICIPATORY)
Salary:TZS 22,061,797 per annum plus social benefits
Term Details:Based on operational requirements, there will also be opportunity for Emergency contracts. This position is a LES (Locally Engaged Staff) position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Tanzania.
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Closing date for applications:27-12-2019 at 23:59 UTC/GMT
Summary of position:
Under general supervision of the Migration Program Manager or an Officer, the successful candidate will support the delivery of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada programs through furthering the processing of applications using procedural expertise and exercising judgement, applying a developed knowledge of established guidelines, conducting research to support information gathering for the processing of applications, and exercising initiative in organizing work, tracking resources, and resolving difficult problems. The successful candidate may be required to travel within Tanzania and neighbouring countries to support Officers on immigration interview trips and may be called upon to assist an Officer in reporting and liaison, conduct program integrity verifications, liaise with Visa Application Centres, participate in promotion and recruitment activities or provide other support to clients.
Essential qualifications:Essential Qualifications:
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
- University degree or diploma
- Proficiency in English – comprehension, oral and written
- Proficiency in French – comprehension, oral and written (Note: If you are unable to work in French, please do not apply)
- Recent* experience of at least 12 months in providing customer/client service or support to internal and/or external clients
- Recent* experience of at least 12 months in working in an office environment in an administrative support or program assistant capacity
- Recent* demonstrated experience of at least 12 months working on a PC in a network environment.
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
- Ability to analyze information
- Ability to perform well in a demanding office environment
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Client Focus
- Commitment to values and ethics, honesty and reliability
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Focus on Quality and Details
- Teamwork and Cooperation
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and CV.
- A working knowledge of local languages in Burundi, Comoros, Rwanda, Seychelles, Tanzania, Uganda, or Zambia.
- Work experience of at least 6 months within the last 3 years with an international organization, embassy or high commission in Tanzania or with a Canadian company or organization.
Operational Requirements:• Normal working hours are 37.5 per week Mondays to Thursdays (07:30 to 16:00) and Fridays (07:30 – 13:00)
- Work in high pressure environment
- Some overtime required (on week days and/or during weekends if job demands)
- Travel within Tanzania and to neighbouring countries may be required
Condition(s) of Employment:• Tanzanian citizenship, holder of a valid Tanzanian work permit or otherwise legally able to work at the High Commission (please note the High Commission of Canada in in Tanzania does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly).
- Before an offer of employment can be made, candidates must provide a local address as proof of residence in the specific city, region or country so that if selected, it will appear on the offer letter.
- Obtain and maintain a reliability rating (security clearance) from the Government of Canada covering the entire employment period. This includes a criminal and credit background check.
Area of selection:Open to internal and external applicants who are eligible to work in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (including current and previous emergency employees and Spouses and dependents of CBS staff who are currently residing in and accredited to the Canadian High Commission in Tanzania) who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date. Please note that the Embassy of Canada to Tanzania does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly. Applicants should be resident in Tanzania at the time of hiring or be willing to relocate at own expense. The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other irrelevant factor.
How to apply:
• Please follow the link https://chc.amris.com/wizards_v2/chc/vacancyView.php?requirementId=3760& and complete the online application form.
• Candidates are also required to upload a cover letter and CV in English or French. Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected.
• Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to [email protected].ca prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected.
• Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French). Candidates are entitled to participate in the recruitment process in the official language of their choice and to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• The Embassy of Canada in Tanzania does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us.
• The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar openings at the Embassy of Canada in Tanzania which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this recruitment process.
• If you have any questions at any stage of the recruitment process, please send an email to [email protected]
Closing Date: 27/12/2019