Procurement and Supplies Officer
UONGOZI Institute seeks to inspire leaders and promote the recognition of the important role of leadership in sustainable development within Africa. Located in the President’s Office, United Republic of Tanzania, UONGOZI Institute provides training to leaders from Tanzania and beyond, organises high-level policy forums and dialogues, and carries out research on leadership and sustainable development.
UONGOZI Institute is currently seeking to recruit a Procurement and Supplies Officer.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in ensuring integrity, fairness, and openness in procurement processes as well as adherence to policies, procedures, and controls. He/She will report directly to the Procurement Specialist and contribute to the Procurement Management Unit (PMU) activities in order to realise UONGOZI Institute’s strategic goals.
Key Requirements of the Position
This role includes:
- Prepare procurement and disposal plan as per the Public Procurement Act and Guidelines;
- Assist in the process of tenders, including developing content for adverts, terms of reference, technical specifications, selection criteria, and guidelines for evaluation of bids and proposals;
- Assist non-procurement staff to understand the requirements for submitting accurate and thorough requisitions or to determine other technical specifications.
- Evaluate suppliers, contractors, consultants and service providers, including conducting price/cost/reasonability analyses;
- Prepare and issue contract documents;
- Register contracts awarded;
- Prepare monthly procurement reports for the tender board;
- Monitor and track procurement activities and delivery status of goods/services;
- Manage the Institute’s inventory through cost-effective inventory control techniques and systems;
- Maintain proper records for goods received and inspection reports, as well as updating the contract and assets registers; and
- Prepare other reports as may be required from time to time.
Timely supply of goods and services;
Compliance with the Public Procurement Regulatory Authority procedures.
Skills and Competencies Required
- Excellent communications and personnel management skills and ability to relate to people at all levels of an organisation and of different multi-cultural backgrounds;
- Possess business acumen, with an analytical mind;
- Ability to carry out detailed work under demanding deadlines, and to manage and prioritise multiple concurrent bids
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Cost-efficient oriented person;
- Knowledge of the latest Public Procurement Act(s) and related Regulations together with other Development Partners’ procurement procedures;
Qualifications and Experience
At the minimum, the Procurement and Supplies Officer should have:
- A Degree from a reputable Institution in Procurement and Supply Management or related fields;
- Consistent and relevant working experience in public procurement;
- Registered with the Procurement and Supplies Professional and Technician Board (PSPTB);
- Proficiency in computerised procurement systems, spreadsheets, database management;
- Fluency in English and Swahili languages is required.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application, comprising of application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, contact details for three referees and copies of certificates to the following address:
Chief Executive Officer
62 Msasani Road, Oyster Bay
P.O. Box 105753, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Phone: +255 (0) 22 260 2917
OR through Email (firstname.lastname@example.org), with subject line “PROCUREMENT & SUPPLIES OFFICER”.
Deadline for Receiving Applications: 27th December, 2019.
UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We regret that we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants.