Dar es Salaam, Morogoro, Dodoma, SingidaPosted 2 mins ago
Career with BRAC International
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict- prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is part of a leading development organization that started its operations in
2006 in Tanzania, focusing on thematic areas of Agriculture, Youth and Women Empowerment, Food
Security and Livelihood
About the Programme
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create a positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
There is mounting urgency to support adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) living in poverty, which has been further amplified by the global pandemic. Through this partnership, scalable economic development approaches will be delivered in communities to foster the agency and voice of AGYW. They will have the opportunity to fulfill their aspirations, achieve sustainable livelihoods, and engage in advocacy issues.
BRAC International will implement an integrated and holistic model to address the various life cycles of a young woman living in poverty, ensuring she is able to transition safely from adolescence to adulthood. She will be equipped with the appropriate skills, tools, and access to finance to effectively exercise her agency and build a fulfilling and productive livelihood.
In preparation for the launch, BRAC International is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self- motivated individuals to fill the following position in BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
1. REGIONAL MONITORS (AD# MCFBMT-2210)
The purpose of this position is to ensure timely and effective monitoring of the project activities, outputs, and outcomes as per the need of the project management team, donors, and other key stakeholders.
- Assist the Monitoring Manager in the development of project MIS and M&E Plan, including indicator selection, target setting, database management, and reporting.
- Ensure development and testing of all data collection tools and reporting formats for the project and share with the relevant project team and monitoring team members.
- Conduct quarterly monitoring data collection, analysis and reporting using project’s KPIs
- Verify monthly MIS data collection and conduct quarterly monitoring as per BI guideline
- Quality control of the data through random verifications and validations
- Compilation of MIS data and analysis of quarterly monitoring data using Excel, Access or other statistical software.
- Participate in program planning and implementation activities.
- Participate in the development of the performance indicators and include those into monitoring framework
- Lead in the project monitoring process (both process and outcome monitoring), document findings and share recommendations for continuous improvement of the project
- Ensured data collection, verification, entry, analysis, and interpretation of project data
Capacity building development to the project team
- Coordinated, support and facilitate training, workshop and meetings related to the project in the organization, community and implementing partner.
- Maintain and update training database for all training conducted within the organization including the soft and hard copy of participants lists by type of training, gender, venue and dates, occupation,
Documentation and reporting
- Compiles analyses data for monthly, quarterly, Semi-Annual & Annual monitoring reports and share with relevant stakeholders
- Support in the development of case study, success stories and story of most significant changes.
- Holding/attending regional level review and reflection workshop, document findings and share with project and monitoring team as per the need.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation
to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation
- Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same
- University Degree preferably in Business Administration, Economics, social sciences, or any other related fields.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Expertise in analysing data using statistical software such as SPSS and STATA
- Organizational skills, with ability to work and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills with ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Minimum 5 years of experiences in the field of monitoring in national or international organizations
- Past experience of using digital devices (tablet or cell phone) and platforms such as KOBO collect for data collection
- Experience in designing tools and methods for data collection, analysis, and reporting.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: CONTRACTUAL
JOB LOCATION: Dar es Salaam, Morogoro, Dodoma, Singida
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidate needs to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at: [email protected]
Please mention the name of the position and AD# ………………. in the subject bar. Only complete applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 08th July 2022
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.