Job Opportunity at Wetlands International, Driver Tanzania
Position Title: DRIVER Tanzania (Eastern Africa Wetland Initiative)
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reporting to: Programme Coordinator
Type of contract: Initial contract for one year with three months probation period with a possibility of extension Expected start date: 1 st October 2021
Wetlands International is a global network organisation with 20 offices that share the name and brand ‘Wetlands International’ and implement a joint ‘Strategic Intent’. The organisation has its global office in Ede-Wageningen (Netherlands). Wetlands International works globally, regionally and nationally toward the conservation and wise use of wetlands to benefit biodiversity and human well-being. It is the only global NGO dedicated to the conservation and wise use of wetlands.
Wetlands International in the Eastern Africa region currently has operations in Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda and South Sudan. Operations are expanding and are expected to continue to grow in the coming years. Wetlands International Eastern Africa office has responsibility for sub- regional partnerships; communications; network development and nurturing; resources development; programme and project development, execution and reporting; human resources management; and country operations.
Wetlands International Eastern Africa is seeking a Driver in the Eastern Africa Wetland Initiative which will be implemented for 3 years (2021 to 2024). The proposed initiative will address the drivers to loss of wetlands and their biodiversity in Eastern Africa by putting in place enabling conditions for integrated wetland management solutions at landscape and Eco regional scales. The aim of the Initiative is that government agencies, civil society and community groups jointly safeguard and restore wetlands of the Rift Valley and Mangrove eco-regions. The project has 4 major components: Knowledge Generation; Capacity Building and Institutional Development; Actions on the Ground; and Policy. The project will work with different Wetlands International offices with partners at national, regional and global level.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Drive project staff and visitors for meetings, appointments and on long distance trips with due caution and courtesy as assigned by the supervisor.
- Conduct day to day maintenance checks on the vehicle such as: checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres and other accessories, including performance of minor repairs;
- Report periodic servicing and servicing needs of the vehicle in advance to ensure its proper handling;
- Ensure cleanliness and safe keeping of vehicle and vehicle accessories at all times;
- Advise the supervisor when the project vehicle licenses are due for renewal, appropriate inspections and registration;
- Collect and deliver official documents and mail to and from various offices, post offices, banks or any other location or premises as instructed from time to time;
- Update the vehicle log book official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumptions, oil changes etc;
- Assist with office clerical and administrative duties such as photocopying and filing as when needed;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must Possess Certificate of Secondary Education /Examination (CSE) – Certified by Lawyer
- Driving Certificate NIT/VETA/VETA registered
- Must possess Class C valid drivers licence and proof of good driving records
- Ability to communicate in Swahili and simple English
- Over 5 years of driving experience of four-wheel drive vehicles;
- Current driving license with an excellent driving record of at least 10 years showing no history of responsibility for accidents;
- Experience driving for a diplomatic mission or small to medium-sized NGO;
- Basic vehicle maintenance skills;
- Provide proof of residency from Ward Executive Officer
- Have a good knowledge of Tanzania roads and various Districts where Wetlands
- International has a presence and be ready to travel to these districts;
- Good awareness of the existing traffic rules and regulations;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team;
- Excellent verbal and communication skills; good command of English will be an added advantage
- Reliable, trustworthy person who is self-motivated to carry out daily tasks with minimum supervision;
- Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely manner;
- Project a professional image
- Basic Knowledge of First Aid;
- Computer Literate;
Competitive remuneration according to Wetlands International standards.
Interested candidates that meet the required qualification and experience are invited to submit their CVs and soft-copy of credentials along with an application letter to: [email protected]
Clearly indicate “Application for Driver TZ: EAWi” in the title of your mail. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Applications will be received until August, 31st 2021