TIB Corporate Bank Limited (TIB CBL) is a Commercial Bank and is licensed by Bank of Tanzania to carry on banking business across a network of branches, agencies and departments. The bank offer complementary and supporting banking services such as short term and working capital loans, trade loans as well as other banking products and services. TIB CBL is looking for committed, self-driven, dynamic and competent qualified candidates to fill the vacancies :
Branch Manager – DODOMA
Manage overall performance of the branch in terms of set sales, services and operational target
o Drive the achievement of contacted targets in the branch
- Build, develop and maintain high performing team committed to achieving the agreed targets/budget by obtain a thorough understanding of the business unit’s strategy and explain it to team members in such a way that they understand the contribution they have to make.
- Lay down strategies for achieving contracted target and communicate to branch staff on monthly basis, review and evaluate the branch performance in accordance with the strategy put in place actions to bridge the gap if any
- Rigorously monitor expenditure against approved budgets and put measures in place to address variances. Continuously identify areas for improved efficiency and reduced cost
- Lead the branch in identifying and meeting customer needs through selling and cross selling TIB-CBL products and services, Implement lead generation and referral in the branch
oCustomer Service and Relationship Building
- Schedule calls with the existing and target clients to create close relations and discuss cross selling opportunities in line with the banks focus
- Accountability for enhancement of customer service, ensure that the highest standards of Customer Service is provided to all clients
- Ensure complaints are timely logged and actioned, tracker is maintained, resolution and respond to client is done within a reasonable time
- Manage the banking relationships for portfolio of high net worth customer which may include senior local political figures and well known business people
- Conduct regular customer visits and motivate focused social events and individual entertainment in order to build long-term relationships
- Take accountability for the relationship with the client, across all hierarchical levels, which incorporates integrating and coordinating all contacts between the bank and the client.
oControls, Compliance and Risk Management (adherence to banks policies and procedure)
- Manage the implementation of all processes and procedures as stipulates in all branch operation manuals
- Ensure all reports and returns are prepared and submitted on time as required
- Adhere to the management of security items such as keys and safe combinations
- Ensure snap checks are conducted regularly as per the manuals
- Ensure adherence to all banks process, policies and procedure manuals
- Ensure adherence to banks risk and control policies
- Build awareness for the team and keep yourself updated with regard to KYC,
oMonitor and Control Credit Portfolio
- Ensure credit applications are efficiently analyzed in accordance with the TIB – CBL credit policy, process and procedure
- Ensure excess are promptly addresses and reported, no account overdue
- Ensure timely renewal of credit facilities to avoid extensions
- Ensures insurance covers on business with credit facilities and securities are in place and up to date.
- Manage the visits of clients and verification of stocks and debtors plus preparation of visit reports
- Monitor performance of clients’ accounts and proactively propose remedial measures where applicable
- Ensure the payment of land rent on properties held as security where applicable Review the portfolio from a compliance perspective on a monthly basis and ensure that all documentation required for all client including those related to KYC, AML and SANCTIONS are up to date.
o Learning and Growth (People Management and Career Development)
- Populate balanced scorecards for the team, ensure all staff have signed BSC and role profiles. Monthly healthy checks are done work with the team to address shortcoming during the next month. Escalate any major issues identified to the Director Branch Services
- Address poor performance of any team members through the formal Performance Accelerator program and ensure that continued poor performance
- Develop high performing team by conducting o performance discussions and assisting employees to prepare the portfolio of evidence for formal performance development discussions
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A degree in Business Administration, Economics, Commerce, Banking or related discipline. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- At least five to eight (5 – 8) years working experience in a similar position in banking/financial institution.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to write documentation in a concise and focused style.
- Excellent and well developed leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be a team player, very self-motivated and able to manage and prioritize workload with minimum supervision.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Vision and Mission of the bank. Thinks bank-wide as opposed to cost centre/branch. Thinks of bank’s overall direction and performance/profit as opposed to product performance
TIB Corporate Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers competitive remuneration package, career development opportunities and conducive working environment. Please ensure that you mention mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Qualifying candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the email address below, enclosing:
An application letter showing how they meet the post’s requirements.
Comprehensive curriculum Vitae.
Copies of relevant certificates and awards.
Contact address including telephone number(s) and/or email address(s) if available.
Names and full addresses of three referees.
Closing Date is Thursday, 7th March 2019
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR,
TIB Corporate Bank Limited,
Samora Tower – 7th Floor,
Samora Avenue/Bridge Street,
P.O. Box 9102, Dar es Salaam.
Tel: +255 222 162440
Or apply by Email: email@example.com
Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
TIB Corporate Bank Limited is an equal Opportunity Employer