Position: Field Interviewer (32 posts)
Reports to: Project leader/Study Coordinator
Work station: Kibiti, Rufiji, and Kilwa
Apply by: July 12, 2019
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
IHI will be cnducting a study on application of malaria reactive community-based testing and Response, A community-based and integrated strategy to reduce Malaria disease burden (ACORBISREM).
Field interviewers will be required to conduct field interviews, explaining nature, risk and benefits of study, ensuring informed consent and maintaining client record and case report forms. Assist in collecting, compiling information and keying them into the computer data base.
Duties and Responsibilities • Participate in research study as per research protocol and SOPs.
• To insure protection, right, safety and wellbeing of study participants.
• Take blood and other specimens and save as liaison with the laboratory.
• To provide culturally appropriate health education on topics related to malaria.
• To ensure that all study related forms are properly and duly completed according to SOPs.
• To communicate with other study staffs and participate in regular meetings as per scheduled provided.
• To maintain cordial relationships with the health centre, community in relation to IHI staffs and IHI a general.
• Perform any other task that the supervisor may reasonably require from time to time.
Qualification and Experience
• Form IV/VI or certificate/Diploma in social science or any related field.
• Prior field/research experience.
Skills and Competencies
• Ability to use tablet for data collection.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision but also within a team.
• Good/Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent attention to details.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to a successful candidate as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below. The deadline for this application is 1700hrs, July 12, 2019.
All e-mail application subject line should read Field Interviewers
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager,
Ifakara Health Institute,
Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni,
P. o. Box 78373, Dar es Salaam