Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI), Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI) jobs
The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI) is Tanzanian led and managed national organization focusing largely on HIV and AIDS and other related health programs. AGPAHI implements all its programs in collaboration with Tanzania Government Entities through the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and President’s Office – Regional Administration and Local Government (PO RALG) and other stakeholders. AGPAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPAHI is implementing various projects that are highly demanding and thus the organization is looking for a motivated, result driven, qualified and competent staff to fill the position of Administration Assistant.
Job Title: ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
Report to: HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMIN OFFICER
Purpose of post:
The Administration Assistant is responsible to administer and oversee essential administrative activities in Mara office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Welcome all visitors and ensure that they sign the visitors Book.
- Ensure that all visitors are correctly referred and attended to on professionally manner and that at all times there is someone at the reception.
- Answer/redirect telephone calls, taking messages, receive/assist visitors and ensure that the Switchboard is manned at all times.
- Maintain reception information/literature, man fax and general email service and handle unsolicited requests for employment.
- Keep the reception area tidy and welcoming during office hours and ensure always there is someone at the reception.
- Monitor the official stamp usage to avoid personal usage.
- Acknowledge receipt of all incoming mails, register the same and channel to responsible official for action.
- Facilitate Hotel and flight booking for staff.
- Ensure office and kitchen supplies are available and issued as per AGPAHI procedures and requirements.
- Manage project office petty cash and ensure petty cash payment requirements and procedure are adhered/followed.
- Maintain the Staff movement board at the reception to ensure that the daily whereabouts of staffs are recorded.
- Prepare Admin weekly status reports and send to HR and Admin Officer every Monday.
- Coordinate cleanliness and organization of office premises and surroundings.
- Oversees the use and maintenance of the office equipment including the photocopier, fax, binding machine to ensure that they are in working order and report of any default.
- Oversees proper running of utilities for the building such as electricity, water and proper function of telephone lines.
- Organize for receipt and delivery of mail / sends and receives faxes.
- Carry out other secretarial duties as assigned by the HR and Administration Officer, which may include: Maintaining contact database, maintaining resource library, hotel and air reservations, drafting letters, program report consolidation, and other duties as needed and appropriate.
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by HR & Administration Officer
Experience & Education:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, or equivalent.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in Administration related activities
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with AGPAHI partners.
- The ability to multi-task and to react productively to change and lead by example.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational skills
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Windows, including MS Word and EXCEL
Job Title: HTS TESTERS
Direct Report to: AGPAHI PROGRAM OFFICER RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FACILITY
Work in collaboration with: – HTS FOCAL PERSON AND CTC IN-CHARGE
Location: MWANZA (45) SHINYANGA (47) SIMIYU (28) AND MARA (25)
Objective of the position:
HTS Testers will be responsible in conducting focused HIV testing and counseling to ensure identification of all eligible clients. S/he must ensure that all clients identified HIV positive are linked to care and initiated ART on the same day and properly documented in all relevant registers. S/he should be conversant with the current PEPFAR acceleration
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- · Provide counseling and testing services as per National HIV Testing guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- · In collaboration with facility staff, organize and conduct health facility HIV testing (Index and Enhanced PITC)
- · For index testing collaborate with Index Champion (where available) to share list of index Contact opted for community testing with Community partner and ensure all elicited clients are tested and outcomes is documented in the relevant facility.
- · Ensure all newly identified HIV positive clients are escorted and registered in the CTC on the same day
- · Ensure complete and proper documentation of all testing services at all entry point at the supported facility (registers and reporting tools)
- · Responsible for daily reporting of testing progress in the available tools (daily and monthly reporting tools as relevant) Ensure testing targets are met at health facilities
- · A minimum of a Diploma in nursing or Clinical medicine from a recognized institution.
- · The candidate must have at least 2 years of experience working with HIV programs particularly the counseling and testing.
- · A valid practicing license is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (not exceeding four pages) and names and contact information of three referees before close of business on Friday 19th July, 2019 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the title of the position in your email subject and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
AGPAHI is an equal opportunity employer, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.