Posting Country: TZ
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
- Assist the business development efforts by planning Trade Activations activities (sales and marketing) on the ground, to acquire new and retain subscribers.
- Management of all on ground activations , events and sponsorship mechanics as per individual business plans
- In having customer satisfaction as main priority, he/she is the contact point between marketing department and sales team to ensure achievement of sales objectives.
- On-ground Activations & Sponsorships Specialist will ensure growth of both revenue and customer base according to the set overall company and division strategies.
- Distribution of BTL material (Posters, brochures, flyers, danglers, etc.) in addition to come up with more targeted and different activities for promotion purposes, like, product demos, roadshows, etc.
- Work with Brand / Segment team to execute a yearly plan for Trade marketing activities, including non-conventional ways to communicate and promote our activities and messages (including, outlet specific roadshows, events, direct marketing, etc.)
- Flawlessly execute activities and events to gain maximum cut-through
- Collect and disseminate Best Practice for profitable Trade Marketing activities
- Work closely with brand / segment /sales team to ensure trade marketing strategies are aligned with sales objectives and revenue targets
- Work closely with communications team to ensure BTL strategies are aligned with brand objectives and campaign targets
- Bring in new innovative promotion and on ground activations mechanics.
- To co-ordinate the creation, targeting, implementation and evaluation of the Vodacom Tanzania brand experience and visibility programs while analyzing competitor activity strengths and weaknesses and propose corrective action.
- To coordinate and Oversee visibility and on ground Activations (Brand Experience)
- Create and manage the right placement of POS Materials (Picture of Success)
- Manage return on investment in all visibility and on ground engagements marketing initiatives.
- Coordinate verifications audit on municipal and billboards fees.
New acquisition and sales.
- Facilitate and coordinate university and new site activations.
- Drive quality Gross Adds with increased ARPU and overall company revenue
- Promote activities in low performing sites.
- Acquisition of high value merchants.
- Ensure simswap agents, TDR and Van activators are active, well tranined and evenly distributed.
- Monitor and manage TDR’s performance.
- Maximise full potential of activation vans and aim at zero fatality in activation van operations.
- Preparations of training manuals as per the products and services available.
- Engaging relevant key stakeholders working relationship with Go to Market Managers, Territory Managers and Head of Regions to grow the business.
Administration and Reporting
- Generate performance reports – daily, weekly, monthly of activation agents, activation vans, on ground activations and performance of events and sponsorship activities.
- Generate pre & post promotions Profit & Loss reports.
- Ensure effective execution of sales campaigns & promotion implemented across the country.
- Ensure that relevant Micro systems, policies and procedures are in place and effectively monitored in all Vodacom shops.
- Market intelligence / competitor analysis report :
- Provide regular feedback on competitive threats to Vodacom business.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Analytical Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, Problem Solving & Conflict Management Skills
- Understanding of business finance, including budget management Skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Proactive approach with the ability to make recommendations supported by justifications for the benefit of the customer and the company.
- Operate with integrity (high ethics) – to maintain confidentiality when necessary.
- Flexible working hours & Flexibility to travel (local)
- Relevant Marketing/Business Administration Diploma or Degree
- Computer skills training at an intermediate level (excel, word and power point are essential).
Selling Business Outcomes
Managing the Sales Cycle
Commercial Acumen in the B2B Environment
Application of Vodafone Business Sales Tools
B2B Product Knowledge and Proposition Delivery
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.