AVIV TANZANIA LIMITED
LOCATION – SONGEA, RUVUMA REGION
SOCIAL ENGAGEMENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER
JOB TITTLE: Aviv S.E.E. Officer reports to the CR&S Officer and Deputy General Manager and acts as liaison between the Company, workers and all local stakeholders such as relevant local authorities, NGOs and affected communities, hosting regular communication according to the company’s Stakeholder Engagement Plan.
JOP PURPOSE: His/her main responsibilities will be:
- Maintain regular contact with all identified local stakeholders (external/internal) in order to facilitate a good understanding of Aviv policies, procedures & practices and provide adequate feedback when necessary;
- Implement the Company’s shared long-term sustainability plan by working in close collaboration with the local village development committees and local government authorities; Nafasi za Kazi
- Facilitate community mobilization for all activities related to the provision of sanitation facilities and hygiene (WASH) promotion, in close coordination with the organization’s CR&S team
- Take account of gender crosscutting issues, protection of human rights, HIV, the environment, and other important cross-cutting concerns in program design, implementation, and reporting; carried out activities in a way that reflects the needs of specific groups and individuals working environment e.g. elderly people, minority groups, children, and people with disabilities.
- Develop, review & improve Aviv social engagement procedures in order to keep the Company’s management team abreast of the local context and to permanently ensure the Company’s compliance to internationally recognized sustainable practices;
- Monitor the Company’s sustainability initiatives in order to build and demonstrate the business case of each social activity;
- Assure as focal personnel for a proper understanding of Aviv Grievance Resolution Procedure by the affected stakeholders as well as demonstrate its effective implementation; Ajira Mpya Tanzania
- Establish well-functioning village development committees within the identified affected communities;
- Develop regular reports and monitoring on the various aspects including nutrition database and all listed above in order to ensure effective communication channel within the company;
- Permanently seek for and propose new initiatives in order to improve Aviv overall objectives of successful sustainable agriculture.
- Manage issues that arise before assigned government bodies, coordinating Company analysis and response.
- Collaborate with internal teams (employees) and maintain open communication with senior management.
- BSc/BA in Environmental Studies, Public Relations, Communications, Rural Development Planning or a related field;
- Minimum 2 – 3 years proven experience as a Public Relations, Environmental, Rural Development or Communication Officer;
- Proven Background Knowledge in researching, writing and editing publications (MS word, Ms Excel, Email)
- Strong communication ability (oral and written);
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver objectives on time and budget;
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude;
- Female candidates proven worthy will be given priority.