Tasks typically involve:
- Conducting and documenting interviews with individual children and families to assess and review their situation.
- Identify the needs of the orphans and most vulnerable children in the home.
- Provide counseling to the children and suggest the measure to address their situation
- Undertaking and writing up individual assessment reports which meet specified standards provided by the organization
- Offering information and conducting awareness training to the children and housemothers.
- Ensure and support child participation at all stages of programming
- Recommending and sometimes making decisions about the best course of action for a particular child to the trustee’s.
- Preparing work plans, monthly/weekly/quarterly and semiannual as requested by the children’s home manager and the Trustee’s
- Communicating with matron and project manager
- Participating in multidisciplinary teams and meetings regarding child protection or health
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports for the child’s background, education and medical records.
- Work with Matron to develop a care plan for every individual child and make follow-ups about the implementation.
- Participating in training, supervision, and team meetings.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Counselling or relevant social science with at least a year of relevant working experience in social work and protection.
- Experience working with children and youth, and especially vulnerable children desirable.
- Counseling skills are highly required and an added advantage
- Basic IT skills: knowledge of MS Word; Excel and Outlook required.
- Swahili and English skills in speaking and writing required.
- Familiar with core principles of Children Rights, Participation, Do No Harm, Community and Family Support
- Ability to cope and work under pressure
Excellent facilitation skills
Excellent organization and communication skills.
Send your Application Later and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.