Job Number 21003409
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-ManagementAt Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Peaceful retreat settled on Jumeirah Beach, the resort offers the perfect destination for the entire family to unwind and recharge with a breath-taking array of recreation activities, and close proximity to major Dubai local attractions. Featuring exceptional views over the Arabian Gulf, our impressive neoclassical architecture fills our five-star luxury beach resort in Dubai with charm and inspiration.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Greets and acknowledges guests while smiling and making eye contact.
- Organizational chart and extension numbers
- Reservations policy
- Opening times & closing times
- Managers information
- All departments
- Acts as a liaison between management and service staff
- Wine Lists
- Recognizes repeat guests while smiling and making eye contact.
- Communicates guest complaints and compliments to management.
- Communicates guests needs to staff/management, i.e. celebrating anniversary and/ or birthday, etc.
- Alerts the kitchen of business flow, i.e. how many guests will soon be ordering, how many guests are having desert, how many guests are waiting to be seated, etc.
- Walks the floor and provides floor updates to management, i.e. how many open tables, open menus, etc.
- Ensures that guest seating is rotated between all service stations.
- Answers telephone, takes new reservations and maintains current reservations within procedural guidelines.
- To ensure good communication with all your superiors
- To ensure that all items of lost property are handed into the duty manager
- To ensure that the reservations area is kept clean at all times
- To deal with customer enquiry’s
- Carry out any reasonable request made by management
To move into this position you should have
- Fun, outgoing, energetic attitude
- Ability to comply with all Food and Beverage brand standards
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service oriented with an outgoing, upbeat and positive personality.
- professional well-groomed appearance.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to successfully work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain composure in a potentially stressful environment.
- Ability to successfully interact with all levels of employees and management.
- Must have the ability to provide friendly, courteous and professional service to all internal and external customers/guests, at all times.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.