Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading, and hauling and materials handling.
- Act as the subject matter expert, using an understanding of concepts and principles in the area of expertise,
- To be the division technical contact person – with two-way communication; to Sales Area and to EQ Product Line/factory,
- Collaborate with Level 6 Product Line Managers within the Sales Area,
- Ensure frontline readiness for new technologies and new product introductions (parts, resources, training) and be proactive with an operational readiness plan
- Root Cause Analysis/Trouble Shooting (only 2nd line support),
- Collects technical feedback in Sales Area (inputs into Database),
- Make recommendations based on reports to better serve the customer and improve processes.
- Perform adjustments of systems on client equipment.
- Work proactively to develop new solutions to prevent recurring problems.
- Upon request, provide application advice to sales and review operating cost proposals.
- Takes technical and application ownership of market releases of new products and new product versions, and ramp down old products.
- Conduct product launch, testing and commissioning services.
- Support operational readiness activities for large projects.
- Support in technical details during New Product Development (NPD) process.
- Aftermarket support to Equipment divisions and Sales Areas.
- Prepare and execute all activities in line with SHEQ rules, regulations, procedures, instructions, guidelines, and promote awareness, including addressing anomalies to others.
- Coach, Mentor, Trainer (incl. knowledge transfer between factory and Sales Area).
- Collaborate with Parts & Services division and take technical responsibility toward training interventions in relevant Sales Area.
- Training in key aspects of technical trades.
- Minimum 7 years Technical experience in the Mining & Metals Industry.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to diagnose machine concerns and communicate with engineering support team
- Ability to use electrical & hydraulic schematics
- Ability to learn Artisan control interface to navigate diagnostics
- Enjoy transferring knowledge to operators and technicians