Job title: Storekeeper
Reports to: Operations Manager
Camara Education Tanzania
#20 Ursino Street
Mikocheni, Dar es Salaam
The storekeeper will be responsible for various responsibilities with regards to managing inventory which include but are not limited to:- Receiving, unloading, and shelving equipment. A storekeeper will also be responsible for inspecting delivered items for damages or discrepancies, perform other related stock-related duties, including returning, packing and labelling items, Checking inventory, tally sales, handling purchases and returns, keeping quality and records, and preparation of the equipment before being dispatched to schools.
Furthermore, a storekeeper must ensure the safety and security of all items in the store as well as maintaining the image of the company.
Role and Responsibilities:
Shipping and Receiving
- Plans and performs work that involves, ordering, receiving, inspecting, unloading, shelving, packing, labelling, and delivering equipment.
- Receiving all shipments of products and storing them in an organized manner.
- Responsible for returning damaged goods to vendors that includes handling and tracking inventory.
- Overseeing stock inventories, managing customer orders, making sure that products received and issued to customers tally with other records (ensure proper record keeping).
- Generate reports on inventory, which includes information like date and time of arrival, time on the shelf, dispatch and volume of sales.
- Keeps records and maintain inventory control to assure proper stock levels.
- Manage stock levels and assist in-stock supply forecasting
- Maintain records of everything that is shipped and received.
- Keeping a count of all the items sold to assess which products are popular and which ones are not.
- Track the movement of stock from stock to sales or from stock to assets.
- Monitor company assets – have an awareness of who is in possession of company property.
- Ensure all Camara Education Products are of high quality and fully functional before dispatch to customers.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual stock report.
- Ensure the prepared reports are accurate, correlate with previous reports and reflect match with the actual stock.
- Performing any other related duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Following office rules at all times.
- Ensuring that all documents are kept confidential
- Be familiar with the use of salesforce and other record-keeping systems.
Required, experience and competence
The minimum qualifications for the position are:
- Minimum 1 year of working experience in a similar position.
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution, collaboration, facilitation, negotiation, and team building.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Excellent problem-solving and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of computerized parts system.
- Skill in inventory control method.
- Must be fluent in Swahili and English.
Prefered Minimum Qualification:
Diploma in recordkeeping, procurement and supplies, logistics management or other related fields.
Send your CV, Cover letter and valid certificates before 11th Oct 2019. 17:00 Hrs to the following Email address: email@example.com
NB: Women are highly encouraged to apply.