Job Title: Non Immigrant Officer (NIO) (Anticipatory)
Salary:33,844,674 per annum plus social benefits
Term Details:This position is a LES (Locally Engaged Staff) position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Tanzania. This staffing process for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada will serve to build an eligibility list to be used for indeterminate, term, or temporary assignments at level LE-07.
Location:Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Closing date for applications:01-03-2019 At midnight UTC/GMT
Summary of position:Under direction, reviews, processes, and assesses applications to determine whether clients meet eligibility and admissibility requirements for a temporary or permanent entry to Canada in accordance with applicable legislation, regulations, policies, guidelines, and procedures; promotes departmental objectives and provides program information in interactions with clients, their representatives, partners and stakeholders; prevents the travel to Canada of individuals in possession of fraudulent or fraudulently obtained documentation; participates in research for and the preparation of reports and studies on immigration-related issues; represents the Program Manager and other immigration officers in contacts with nationals and officials of the host country to promote Departmental objectives; provides management assistance, supervises staff and performs other duties.
Essential qualifications:Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
- University degree or diploma
- Proficiency in English – comprehension, oral and written
- Good command of French – comprehension, oral and written
- At least 2 years of cumulative work experience in an administrative or officer position in an Embassy, High Commission, Consulate, a UN agency, development agency, or law firm;
- Experience in dealing with the general public;
- Experience applying rules, laws, policies and procedures within a work environment.
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices;
- Knowledge of geography, socio-economic conditions, labour markets, and educational systems in the area covered by the Dar es Salaam Migration Office.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team to meet goals;
- Ability to understand and interpret legislation, guidelines and policies;
- Ability to plan and organize workload, as well as to establish and manage priorities;
- Ability to assist with supervision of support staff;
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly while working under pressure with attention to detail;
- Ability to make appropriate decisions in exercising discernment, sound judgment, and ethical and professional integrity;
- Demonstrate initiative, team spirit, tact and discretion;
- Maintain client focus and foster positive interpersonal relations.
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and CV.
- A working knowledge of local languages in Burundi, Comoros, Rwanda, Seychelles, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia;
- A recognized degree or diploma in legal studies
- Experience in supervising staff;
- Significant knowledge of legal frameworks, customs, educational systems, and administrative documents in the geographic area covered by the Dar es Salaam Migration Office;
- General knowledge of Canada, its geography, its labor market and educational system;
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices in a Migration or Consular Section of an Embassy
Important Notes:• Applications will only be accepted when submitted through our online portal – http://wfca-tpce.com/vacancyView.php?requirementId=3056&.
- Candidates are also required to upload a cover letter and CV in English or French. Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected.
- Proof of right to work and copies of educational and any specified professional qualifications will be required.
- Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to: RSCEMA.PERSONNEL@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected.
- Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French). Candidates are entitled to participate in the recruitment process in the official language of their choice and to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
- Communication for this vacancy will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
- Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
- All communications relating to this process, including email correspondence, may be used in the assessment process.
- Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
- The High Commission of Canada in Tanzania does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
- Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us.
- The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar openings at the High Commission of Canada in Tanzania which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this recruitment process.
MODE OF APPLICATION
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
OTHER NEW JOBS
- 62 Jobs Vacancies at TANESCO
- Jobs Opportunity at Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Assistant Housekeeping Manager
- Internship Jobs Opportunities with UNCDF Tanzania Refugee Programme: Monitoring & Evaluation Development
- Teaching Jobs Vacancies Posts at Zanzibar University
- Jobs at International Rescue Committee (IRC)