TANZANIA WOMEN LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (TAWLA)
Tanzania Women Lawyers Association (TAWLA) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) which was formed primarily as a guild to promote and advance legal and constitutional rights of women. The aims and objectives of the organization are: to advocate for gender equality, promotion of human dignity and gender justice through policy, legal and institutional reforms, community action and media engagement. From that context, TAWLA envisage a society that respects and upholds the rights of women and her mission is to promote and protect the rights of women and good governance through legal empowerment.
TAWLA seeks to recruit experienced staff members to fill in four vacant positions for the anticipated USAID-Tanzania funded project titled “Mwanamke Imara”. The purpose of this project is to effectively engage and empower women and young people to be resilient to violence and discrimination by strengthening women and youth economic groups and their members with skills, knowledge, and resources relevant to support their economic activities including agriculture, strengthening women and young people voices and participation in governance and decision making structures within their community. Further the project seeks to increase access to social, political, cultural and economic justice for women and young people and victims of gender based violence. These positions are subject to availability of funds.
Duties and responsibilities:
a) Assist in the development and implementation of the MEL Plan taking into consideration the contract deliverables and conditions, including capacity building and robust monitoring of all activities
b) He/she will assist to develop the roll out of activity-specific MEL tools in collaboration with relevant partners and other project coordinators.
c) He/she will support any TAWLA partners in developing data collection plans, activity results frameworks (input, output, outcome and impact), and relevant indicators and targets for result areas.
d) He/she will develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
e) He/she will assist the MEL Officer in the routine analysis of data for learning and adaptation; visualize and summarize data and communicate with senior staff.
f) He/she will collaborate with other staff and TAWLA partners to develop, review and finalize monthly, quarterly and annual MEL workplans and budgets.
g) He/she will oversee the development of donor reports, ensuring that TAWLA meets all donor reporting requirements for MEL.
h) Perform any other duties assigned to him/her by the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in Statistics or its equivalent experience with a formal qualification of monitoring and evaluation. Considerable experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection methods.
- Minimum of at least four (4) years of experience in design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and research
- Must be conversant with the Legal sector in Tanzania.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methods.
- Experience in data analysis and data visualization with Excel, SPSS or other related software.
- Demonstrated experience with data management and case management systems
- Experience with strategic information systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with USAID MEL requirements
- Experience developing results frameworks, logical frameworks or similar tools for project design.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and managing operational research and evaluations.
- Demonstrated experience in synthesizing and analysing various data sources for learning and recommendations for programming adaptations.
- Effective writing and data visualization and presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with a higher aim of professionalism.
- Strong oral presentation skills.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
MODE OF APPLICATION
To apply, please send your application (CV and Cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org (Deadline 22nd October 2020 1700HRS)
TAWLA is an equal opportunity employer
Applicant must have never been convicted of a violation of children’s rights
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is October 22, 2020
Amana St, House No.27, Plot No.31
+255 222 862865
P.O. Box 9460 Dar es Salaam