Coordinates capacity strengthening of health care providers through organized workshops, on the job training and mentorship as well as through supportive supervision. Coordinates with the Ministry of Health and PO-RALG in conducting post training follow up and certification. Coordinates the assigned program or project. Assists in implementing SRHR strategies and assists in the development of tools and materials for the program or project. Provides technical support to the regional offices and to partners. Represents the program or project in all SRHR related materials and tools development.
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Pathfinder International has received funding from USAID through the Jane Goodall Institute (JGI) to implement Reproductive Health/Family Planning activities under the Landscape Conservation in Western (LCWT) Tanzania project. Within the LCWT project, reproductive health (RH)/family planning (FP) activities fall under intermediate result (IR) 4, which covers both community and health facility-based FP interventions. The community-based interventions include recruitment, training, and working with community health workers (CHW) in the provision of integrated family planning education, services, and referrals.
Key Job Outcomes:
1. Strategic Plan and Budget Implementation. Works with others to implement the strategic approach of the program or project specific to SRHR services. Assists in the development of annual plans and budgets for the SRHR portfolio of the program or project.
2. Program Assessment, Measurement and Evaluation. Reviews quarterly and annual program or project progress and financial reports and gives constructive feedback on the regional programs or projects and IPOs as applicable. Compiles quarterly and annual reports for MEL to report to the organization. Partners with MEL to help conduct research and data gathering on significant and new developments. Identifies best practices in activities. Recommends improvements for program or project performance and assists in sharing innovative methods with partners.
3. Technical Direction. Assists in the implementation of capacity building and development in the different regional locations.
4. Project and Management Reporting. Assists in the development and delivery of reports related to the program’s or project’s activities. Submits a completed consolidated report to MEL team on a timely basis.
5. Meeting and Forum Attendance. Attends relevant meetings as well as forums to foster and enhance collaboration. Identifies new and improved approaches, methods and ideas.
6. Training Design, Development and Delivery. Assists in standardizing SRHR training curriculum.
7. Publications: Assists with coordinating publication of research findings, technical reviews and the development of manuals and guidelines for project related activities.
8. Product Development. Develops collaborative linkages and coordinates the publication of concept papers and proposals related to the SRHR program.
9. Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
Minimally Required Job=Specific Competencies:
- Country Specific Public Health System: Foundational knowledge of countries’ public health systems.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned program or project, including program or project strategies and indicators.
- Training Design, Development and Delivery: Foundational knowledge of curriculum design and development. Ability to deliver training to diverse groups.
- Research Writing and Editing. Foundational knowledge of writing and publishing research results in national and international journals.
- Data Processing: Foundational knowledge of data processing.
PC Applications: Foundational knowledge of database and internet applications
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of programs, including program strategies and indicators.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Multi-tasking Skills: Proven ability to manage multiple initiatives at the same time.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
- Languages: Proven writing and speaking skills using English language.
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others at all levels in the organization through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills. Proven ability to develop and maintain supplier relations.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and
- Outlook. Advanced knowledge of procurement software.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidential on work-related matters.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine or nursing with experience in Family Planning programs
- 4 years related experience, including work in SRHR services.
- Prefer: Experience in working in the rural areas
- Travel required (at least 50%)
- Uses cellular and mobile phone applications; laptop or desktop computer
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV, including contact details for 3 references before the close of business on October 31,2020. Applications should be addressed to the Director for Human Resources and Administration, Pathfinder International, PO Box 77991, Dar es Salaam or sent via e-mail to [email protected] stating the position being applied for in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.