Claims Analyst – (1900004N)
Job Purpose and Key responsibilities
The role holder will be responsible for processing and payment of general insurance claims. The role will report to the Claims Manager.
- Review the policy to determine which charges are eligible for reimbursement
- Monitor and ensure that the key interfaces adhere to the set claims handling standards and escalate non adherence to the management
- Maintain a register of claims to be recovered
- Adjust and maintain correct claims reserves
- Generate monthly reports on all the claims processed
- Verify and update information on submitted claims
- Attend to client queries on claims
- Analyze claims supporting documents to establish liability
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
- Compliance with TIRA & Ombudsman claims handling requirements.
- Turnaround time for claims payment.
- Turnaround time for acknowledgement & registration of claims.
- Adherence to SLA with service providers.
- Customer complaints handling.
Responsible to Claims Manager
Required to liaise and work closely with the other departments as may be necessary
Insurance sector players
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelors’ degree ( Insurance option preferred)
- 2-4 years’ experience in claims processing
- Professional qualification in Insurance (Certificate CII)
- Knowledge and experience in the insurance sector
- Learning and Researching: Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making at management level; learns from successes and failures and seeks colleague and customer feedback.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Applying Expertise and Technology: Applies specialist and technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; exhibits high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains own quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
- Following Instructions and Procedures: Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; accepts diversity; display individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar es Salaam-Dar es Salaam
Organization: International Insurance Business
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Day Job
Contract Type: Full-time
Job Posting: 13-11-2019
Unposting Date: 22-11-2019
Number of Openings: 1