Standard Chartered BankTanzania
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Consistently execute to a high standard / – Deepen client relationships
- Deliver sustainable value not simply short-term benefit
- Enable clients to do cross border business
- Focus on priorities and prompt execution
- Manage resources and actively monitor progress to ensure timely delivery
- Follow Bank policies, controls and procedures
- Live the letter and spirit of the law and Group standardsIdentify and quickly resolve risk and control issues
- Escalate issues appropriately and take measured risks
- Listen to understand drivers and real needs of client
- Update clients on changes (e.g. process improvements) which may impact their account
- Record client enquiries/feedback and address them promptly as appropriate
- Able to understand Client Value Propositions
Ability to explain the sales cycle and own role within it
Record and access client data
Participate in account planning as a team member
Follow client contact strategy
Risk & Compliance
- Advise on regulatory impact of business or functional strategy
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Apply the Group Fair Accountability Disciplinary Policy
- Ability to recognize own and team’s role in managing operational risks by displaying exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct
- Only pitch relevant Financial Markets products to clients based on their risk profile within the appropriateness framework
- Perform with confidence credit and accounting analysis techniques, including cashflow analysis, ratio analysis and sources of revenue for a client
- Apply knowledge of working knowledge of internal credit and regulatory policies, procedures, guidelines and products etc, in managing client and portfolio level credit risks
- Follow the Bank’s procedures to complete risk assessment and recommend strategies for and credit exposures to clients with a moderate risk profile
- Ability to identify opportunities in offering the appropriate product to the client from the bank’s product suite keeping in view the customer risk profile and credit facility needs.
- Monitor for early warning signs of changing risk environment which may impact client and breaches in approval terms and condition. The candidate should be in a position to understand and propose necessary actions which work together the best interests of the bank.
- Respond quickly to all internal or regulatory requirements or policy changes
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function/team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct
Head of Sales Commercial Banking
Credit Approver and Group Credit Risk Management.
Credit Risk Control
Corporate Management of other branches.
Senior executives / Owners of Corporates.
Counterparties in other banks.
Official and social functionaries