Post: CFP Enterprise Development Officer
Location: Stone Town, Unguja Island, Zanzibar
Hours: 7:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday (variable)
Annual Salary: Confidential
Reporting: Unguja Zone Operations Manager | International Partnership & Trade Officer | VIUNGO Chief Project Manager
MISSION, VISION, VALUES
Community Forests Pemba (CFP) is a Tanzanian non-governmental organization founded and headquartered on Pemba Island, Zanzibar which has been working with local partners and its international sister organization, Community Forests International since 2008 to advance shared goals of social, economic, and ecological prosperity. Together we have planted over 3 million trees, innovated several new climate-smart technologies and enterprises, and demonstrated that the best solutions come directly from the people who need them most.
Mission: To overcome poverty and adapt to climate change by sharing knowledge, advancing sustainable livelihoods, and restoring the natural environment.
Vision: Zanzibar communities thrive in harmony with the natural world.
- Trust is essential to strong relationships, and relationships are the foundation of our work. We act with honor and integrity to preserve trust between all members of our community.
- Solidarity. Tuko pamoja – we are together. Everyone is equal and has a role to play in creating positive change. We believe in sharing our challenges and working as one.
- Impact. We believe that we can change the world through innovation in Zanzibar. We share our local lessons and stories widely to maximize our positive impact globally.
Key Performance Indicators
- Deliver horticulture enterprise creation, incubation, and acceleration supports to over 350 direct beneficiaries per year (55% women, 65% youth).
- Oversee the creation and acceleration of at least 9 new farmer-owned and -operated horticulture value addition enterprises per year.
- Support the engagement of more than 22 external horticulture investors, processors, exporters, and buyers in project activities per year.
- Ensure achievement of world-class outcomes including 75% of local processor beneficiaries increase value addition on horticultural produce, and a 35% average increase in the value of horticulture produce achieved by direct beneficiaries
QUALIFICATIONS & ABILITIES
Experience and Technical Skills
- At least 5 years professional experience in a similar role.
- Degree in business management or equivalent.
- Experience training and coaching small-scale farmers in topics including finance, marketing, and business planning.
- Familiarity with trade and tax regulations specifically related to the horticulture sector an asset.
- Financial planning and management experience.
- Direct experience forming and growing small- and medium-sized enterprises
- Proficiency in digital applications including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Swahili.
Communication. Effectively explain complex concepts in simple, clear language and accurately interpret the ideas, information, and needs of others.
Accountability. Holds self and others accountable for all decisions and interpersonal relationships while following through on commitments and focusing on those activities that have the greatest positive impact.
Innovation and creative problem-solving. Ability to develop new and better ideas or solutions that result in the improvement of team performance or outcomes.
To apply, please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitate (CV) outlining your experience as it relates to this job description to [email protected] with the subject heading ‘Enterprise Development Officer’.
Community Forests Pemba is committed to diversity in our work environment and we encourage applications from both women and men, young and old, and persons living inside and outside of Zanzibar. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.