Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT) is a grassroots organization with registration number SA.17581. SAT works closely with small scale farmers on organic farming and stakeholders like universities, companies and governmental extension officers. Its holistic approach establishes an Innovation Platform, which is built on the four pillars dissemination, research, application and networking.
An exciting opportunity with this dynamic and fast-growing organisation awaits the right candidate. This is a busy, high-volume but friendly environment that will suit an organised and professional person with, passion for organic agriculture, community development, a great eye for detail and plenty of team spirit.
Job Title: Communication Manager
The communication manager is responsible for conveying Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT) its internal and external messages. He/she will communicate SAT’s activities and achievements to the organic movement and to other relevant stakeholders.
The goal is to run the Communication Department for allowing the organisation to build and strengthen partnerships in Tanzania and outside the country. The objective is to present SAT as a vibrant organisation to stakeholders, interested parties and to the public, to share the success stories of organic farmers through articles and social media, to advertise SAT services, to acquire grants for supporting small scale farmers in Tanzania and to enable and foster communication among staff and SAT farmers. For being able to achieve this in an excellent way, the communication manager will be close to the Executive and Program Department, so that he/she can feel the heartbeat of the organisation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum bachelor or master’s degree in communication, public relations, journalism, or any other relevant field,
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as communication manager in a reputable organization,
- Proven record of successful communication and fundraising is an added advantage
- Strong passion for sustainable agriculture,
- Must be an excellent team player,
- Excellent communication skills in English, Swahili and preferably in German,
- Excellent social media skills,
- Have basic software skills for layout and homepage design,
- Being profound in proofreading,
- Strong leadership skills.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Create awareness about SAT through social media, using Twitter and Facebook, through periodically updated homepages and through monthly email newsletters
- Maintain current contact details of relevant journalists, respond to media enquiries, and prepare media statements and compile press kits
- Advertise SAT Farmer Training Courses, FairCarbon4Us and other relevant services
- Research and prepare relevant subject matters, write speeches and prepare presentations
- Communicate with private donors from Europe (letter of thanks, pictures, small reports, phone calls…)
- Organise for and welcome donors and other guests and introduce them to the organisation
- Write proposals for SAT for grants, awards and fellowships
- Attend meetings and read staff reports to be aware about project progress
- Proof-reading of project reports
- Guide the preparation of the annual report
- Enable a conducive information flow within the organization
- Develop a yearly plan for communication department (incl. Budget)
- Prepare internal and external communications plans and policies
- Monitor progress and activities of the department (e.g. Activity plan)
Applications must be sent in soft copy to email@example.com . CV including current contacts of three references, copies of relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonial all submitted before 1st February 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.