Are you looking to join a fast-growing international and impact-driven startup, work in a flexible environment, and be surrounded by a young and diverse team?
Who We Are
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
About Seedstars And Seedspace
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 65+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
Seedspace is the concretization of Seedstars’ objective to settle physically in different key locations to be able to scale our activities to support entrepreneurial ecosystems: from acceleration programs in our hub to events like boot camps, workshops and meetups! Seedspace comprises incubation for startups, events & workshops, coworking and coliving activities in true entrepreneurs’ hubs where all changemakers in emerging markets connect and innovate together
About The Job
The finance officer will keep financial records, prepare reports, and update financial information. You must be familiar with accounting procedures and should have experience with accounting software programs (like Xero). The ideal candidate will be able to process business transactions, handle accounts payable and receivable, expense reports, receipts, and other financial matters. Proven accounting experience required. You are expected to:
Your Key Responsibilities
- Oversee the accounting, financial, legal and tax operations
- Setup (and/or improve) financial reporting and accounting processes and operations
- Supervise and coordinate: monthly, quarterly & yearly closings daily bookkeeping routines and processes monthly payroll execution quarterly budget cycles (with monthly adjustments) expenditure policy application (including cost-control checks / internal audit) filing (to ensure smooth external audit)
- Implement operational best practices and improve processes with tech
- Manage and prepare financial statements
- Ensure accurate accounts are provided on time for management to steer business
- Using tools and processes to increase efficiency and reduce the risk of errors in bookkeeping/closing
- Setup checks & balances to allow cost control by management
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting experience
- Worked for a fast-growing startup
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Strong belief in getting things done and being autonomous and independent
- Why do our team members say they love working with us?
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through entrepreneurship and technology
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centred practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
- We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 40 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.