1.0. Position Title: ACCOUNTANT (1 POST)
Duty Station: Igunga District
Education/ Professional Qualification
Holder of Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce/ Business Administration majoring in Accountant or equivalent qualification from recognized institutions plus knowledge in ICT/ Computer applications including MS- Office and Accounting Packages, with working experience of at least three (3) years in related field
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The holder of this position shall perform the following duties:
- Receiving properly and accounting for all the cash from water and sewerage customers.
- Ensuring safe custody of all money received under lock and key and banking intact such money, daily.
- Keeping under safe custody all Accountable documents and their related registers and ensure that buffer stock is maintained daily.
- Receiving properly and accounting for all duty authorized requests/ invoices for payment and registering them accordingly.
- Preparing cheques for all payments to suppliers and employees.
- Maintaining the petty cash imprest accurately and up to date.
- Reconciliation of actual amount of petty cash paid with petty cash vouchers and totals of petty cash book.
- Writing of cheques for payment to suppliers and employees after ensuring that he payments vouchers and supporting documents have been duly authorized.
- Ensuring that cheques are properly signed by authorized officers and dispatching them to payees, such as, suppliers, employees, TRA etc.
- Making of salaries and wages payments according to approved payroll.
- Maintaining of cheques payments register batching of payment vouchers and serially numbering them month wise.
- Maintaining of petty cash ledgers, petty cash vouchers and the stamp duty register.
- Any other duties he/she may be assigned by Employer.
In accordance to Government salary scales.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Own handwritten application with comprehensive typed curriculum vitae, accompanied with certified copies of relevant academic Certificate and addresses of three referees to be sent to:-
IGUNGA URBAN WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION AUTHORTY,
P. 0. BOX 9
So as to reach this office not later than 15th April.2019
Applicants should not exceed 45 Years of age and women are mostly advised to apply this position.