Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO.
GOOD NEIGHBORS TANZANIA-ZANZIBAR] PROJECT OFFICER for INVESTIGATION of LISTENERSHIP RATE
Strengthening Capacity of Secondary School Education through Radio Educational Broadcasting in Zanzibar, Tanzania (SRE Project)
LOCATION: Zanzibar (Unguja and Pemba)
CONTRACT STATUS: Specific Task CONTRACT LENGTH: 3 Months (Aug- Oct 2022)
Good Neighbors (GN), an international NGO was founded in Korea in 1991 and operates in 40 countries across Africa, Asia, and Latin America, has been implementing various projects to promote and protect child rights, strengthen the global partnership and advocate the right of the most vulnerable respectfully and effectively.
As a GN international field office, Good Neighbors Tanzania (GNTZ) has been present in Tanzania since 2005. Over these years, GNTZ has demonstrated a regional competence and expertise in working with local communities, government, and many different levels of stakeholders to improve quality of life, strengthen communities’ self-reliance, and improve standards in various areas such as health, education, water and so on.
SRE project is a 3 years project aiming to improve the education environment through radio education broadcasting in Zanzibar. This project focuses on expanding the learning opportunities of secondary school students by producing and transmitting high-quality radio educational broadcasts to solve the problem of ‘decreased academic ability’ presented as a core secondary education problem.
This project focuses on expanding the learning opportunities of middle school students by producing and transmitting high-quality radio educational broadcasts.
The position, Project Officer will be responsible for investigating listenership rate of radio educational programs produced by KMEC. He/She will be involved in SRE project activities, submitting investigation reports, and managing indicator related with the listenership rate.
Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- A Major in social welfare or community development or economic statistics
- Above than bachelor degree in Official educational institution
- Minimum 2 Years relevant work experience in researching and data analyzing
- Strong collaboration, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time, task, and resource management skills
- Strong problem critical thinking, fast calculation
- Project Officer Job Vacancy at Good Neighbors
2) Other Competencies/Attributes:
- Ability to multi-task, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility
- Good timekeeper
- Good at swift responses
- Perform other duties as required
- Own Laptop
3) Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Based at ZAO in ZANZIBAR
- Office work:30%
- Field work: 70% within the Zanzibar area
HOW TO APPLY
All qualified candidates are required to fill and submit the mandatory documents as below.
– Application form (Click here)
– Passport size photo
– ~5th Aug 2022: Submission of application
– 10th Aug 2022: Announcement of interview candidates
– 15th~16th Aug 2022: Interview
– 20th Aug 2022: Final announcement
– 24th Aug 2022: work start date