Job Opportunity at Boart Long Year Tanzania Limited
Position: Financial Controller – TZ & Ghana
Location: Boart Longyear – Tanzania (Mwanza Office)
Date: April 2021
Organizational Alignment: This role is accountable to the Regional, Financial Controller
Boart Long year Tanzania Limited is a company involved in providing drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining, and drilling to companies. The company’s Head offices are in Mwanza, with its drilling site is in Msalala district, Shinyanga region where the company’s operations are carried out with prospects in other areas of the lake zone.
The Financial Controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards
- Responsible for the full financial- and management accounting function for the TZ & Ghana entity.
- Operational duties include the daily financial management, budgeting, forecasting as well as working capital and cash flow management while ensuring a robust control environment and sound corporate governance.
- Liaise with external parties, such as auditors, tax authorities, central banks, bankers, insurers, attorneys, etc.
- Ensure compliance with local and international laws and regulations, and statutory and group policies and procedures.
- Manage interaction between local finance team and the shared service center.
- Manage monthly and annual reporting – both from a group- and statutory perspective.
- Work closely with various departments within the company to ensure compliance and reduce any potential tax and/or other exposures.
- Can do monthly financial reporting and monthly packs
- Can prepare monthly VAT Returns
- Can prepare year CIT returns
Education and Experience:
- Must be a qualified member of an accountancy body (NBAA) and a holder of CPA or equivalent qualifications with the necessary certifications as well as knowledge and compliance with the regulatory framework
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance Management, Accounts or any other related fields
- Minimum of 3 years of directly related experience
- Experience in the mining industry
- Good knowledge and experience in financial statements
- Good knowledge of internal controls and designing internal control procedures
- Can work with a team of different culture backgrounds
- Must be willing to travel into Africa
- MS Office Master’s
- Diligent with an analytical mind
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
BLY Core Values :
Health and Safety
We keep health and safety foremost so that we all make it safe, make it personal, and make it home.
We inspire trust by doing what is right, doing what we say we will do and being accountable for our actions.
We are dedicated to our customer’s success and providing innovative solutions.
Team Work We respect each other, embrace our diversity, and value the importance of transparent and honest communications.
- Candidates with the required skills stated above are highly encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Only cover letter and CV are required. CV for Application should be endorsed by 3 referees.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are in conformity with the applicable laws where BLY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin or disability but women are strongly encouraged to apply. Deadline if the 31st May 2021.
If you have experience such above please send your CV to: [email protected]