Job Opportunity at Mwananchi Communications Limited, Internal Auditor
Mwananchi Communications Limited, publishers of the leading Tanzania newspapers, Mwananchi, The Citizen and Mwanaspoti its online products is looking for a self-driven experienced Internal auditor to run with audit planning, execution and Board Audit and Risk Committee reporting. Experience in risk based auditing is required.
The incumbent is responsible for carrying out risk based audit planning, reviewing financial and operational internal controls and ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, reviewing management accounts for accuracy and completeness, carrying out risk assessment of MCLs business activities and making practical recommendations.
- Planning of audit assignments i.e. information gathering, risk assessment and analysis, internal controls review, determining scope and objectives, audit strategy and approach.
- Carry out financial, operational, administrative and information system audits.
- Carry out special audits and investigations.
- Identify and discuss control weaknesses and recommendations for improvement with management.
- Communicate and review audit results with management
- Report to the Board Audit Committee
- Review management accounts and generate regular exceptional analysis reports.
- Review economy and efficiency in use of company resources.
- Regular follow up of recommendations/action points and preparation of status reports.
- Provide advisory services to management when requested.
- Provide support to risk management activities
- Provide support to compliance review activities
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
Academic: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from a recognized institution, master’s degree will be an added advantage
Professional: Certificate in CPA or ACCA Membership to relevant professional body
Experience: Four (6) years of relevant experience
- Decision making;
- Ability to interpret long term plans, programs and budgets developed senior management level;
- Interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Project management skills;
- Ability to develop plans, programs, SOPS, and coordination of workflows
- Creativity; and
- Strategic management skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested and qualified individuals should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org before 24th October, 2020
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted. MCL is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Opportunity at Mwananchi Communications Limited, Freelance Business Executives
Freelance Business Executives
Mwananchi Communications Limited, publishers of the leading Tanzania newspapers, Mwananchi, The Citizen and Mwanaspoti is looking for motivated and highly experienced individuals to fill the position of:
FREELANCE BUSINESS EXECUTIVES
To develop, maintain and increase a solidly dependable client base, to sell advertising space and provide an effective service to clients so as to maximize advertising sales volumes and revenue targets.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the following key result areas:
- Thoroughly familiarizes oneself with comparative (own and competition) readership, circulation and rates and cost of advertising in all print and electronic media.
- Identifies potential advertising clients, studies their business, current and potential customers and to convince the clients the value and benefits of advertising in newspapers and publications published by the Company.
- Executes sales by discussing and obtaining accurate client requirements, size of advertisements, dates for insertion and price and obtains confirmation signatures of the authorized client representative.
- Assists clients in the preparation of the advertising copy and leases with the Graphic Designer for professional advice on artwork.
- Prepares daily call plans and reports and discusses them with the Classified Sales Manager and reports any problems encountered for assistance and guidance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Academic: Basic university degree in Sales and Marketing /business studies or related fields.
Experience: 1-2 years working experience
Excellent Analytical and communication skills
MODE OF APPLICATION:
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
MCL is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply before October 31, 2020