Jobs at FHI 360, Office Assistant in Morogoro
Office Assistant in Morogoro
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in Office Assistant in Morogoro for its EpiC project in Tanzania.
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a 5 year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level amongst the targeted populations.
Office Assistant will perform a wide variety of general office/administrative support functions with relatively close supervision to ensure office processes run smoothly.
Specific duties include
- Run external and internal errands and perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Perfrm internal messenger services as requested/required
- As required assist with logistical arrangements for meetings in the office including room and equipment set up/refreshments, preparing and serving coffee and tea for visitors.
- Ensure that office equipment such as printers, copy machines, fax machine remain operational (clearing jams, adding toner.) Check equipment daily &reporting any issues.
- Perform general office duties (e.g., maintenance, cleanliness, ensuring office has no water leaks, ensuring there is no dust around the office). Specifically:
- Sweep and clean office floors daily before staff arrive at the office. Also mop, dust, and polish surfaces.
- Clean reception areas; dust/wipe and clean office desks/tables, chairs and other office furniture on regular basis.
- Clean doors, windows and office to maintain cleanliness.
- Clean and disinfect restrooms/toilets including sinks/basins and taps twice a day.
- Ensure the kitchen is clean, tidy and orderly at all times
- Report any maintenance issues such as leaking taps or wash basins/sinks
- Wash all dishes, plates and utensils in the kitchen clean and stored hygienically and safely away.
- Maintain stock of kitchen utensils (cups and saucers, boiling kettles, spoons, serving trays, plates).
- Check daily usage of cleaning supplies and makes sure that stocks are kept at minimum levels; and notify/report when are running low
- Empty all trash bins and make sure that garbage is properly disposed
- As and when needed provide support in document preparation e.g. photocopying, scanning, duplicating and binding.
- Close all office windows and all doors and ensure lights are turned off at the end of day.
- Monitor levels of drinking water and notify Supervisor accordingly
- Report any theft, breakage or missing items to Supervisor
- Basic Secondary Education plus one-year (1 yr.) experience
- Basic English comprehension both verbal and understanding
- Ability to read and write at a level consistent with the requirements of the position.
- Numeracy skills adequate to support the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Proficiency in the full range of general office services and equipment
- Familiarity with basic office management practices and procedures
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
- Proactive and self-driven.
- Ability to provide effective and responsive service
- Ability to function in a team environmentIntegrity, and commitment to ethical and professional standards
- Ability to work in a multicultural work environment
- Able to maintain a reliable and dependable attendance record
- Time management/time consciousness
- Enthusiastic and with attention to detail
- Excellent customer care skills and communication skills
- Ability to cooperate with the rest of the staff
- Self- motivation and ability to work with minimum supervision
How to Apply:
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may apply online by uploading his/her Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.