Head of Business Development
CRDB Bank PLC is looking for suitable candidates to fill one vacant position of Head of Business Development existing in the CRDB Insurance Broker at the Head Office, Dar Es Salaam.
The person at this position will be responsible to proactively respond to identified business opportunities for all lines of business; to provide leadership and direction to the business development team including business retention thus achieving the delivery of the Business Budget as well as ensuring sustainable, profitable business operations and establishing CRDB Insurance Broker as a world-class Broker, readily recognized within Tanzania.
- Responsible in overseeing the daily insurance sales in the Organization which includes life/non-life and health insurance
- Responsible for development and implementation of the Departmental Business strategy, plans and budget in line with company objectives.
- Responsible for compliance with organizational policies, procedures and quality standards including Tanzania Insurance Regulatory Authority (TIRA)
- Works closely with CRDB Group stakeholders to develop business strategy and articulate action plans to drive the focus of business towards archiving the company objectives.
- Undertakes training initiatives within CRDB Group to expand the technical skills of underwriters.
- Responsible for ensuring all renewals are done on time and ensure maximum client retention while generating more leads and support in the closing of the same.
- Develop and review all business proposals for new products and clients for quality assurance.
- Validate all proposals/inquiries/quotations received directly or through the selling outlets for compliance.
- Prepare various analytical business reports and advising the General Manager on the way forward.
- Establishes a framework/guiding instrument to support business digitization.
- Responsible for proposing and implementing cost-effective solutions for the efficient and effective operations of the company.
- Responsible for recruitments of new customers and persuade existing ones to buy extra services/products (Cross and Upselling).
- Conduct research and explore and identify new methods and opportunities for sales campaigns, product developments, and enhancements.
- Responsible for developing the service level agreements between CIB, service providers & consumers
- Providing overall leadership to the business development team – Influencing motivation in order to make people succeed in proportion to their capacity.
- Develop and implement the incentive program for all selling teams and distribution channels.
- Conduct marketing intelligence and monitor the industry activity and advise the Management on opportunities/threats that are presented by such activities.
Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent planning & organization skills
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Building a Successful Team, Coaching, Managing, Facilitating Change, Developing Others, Leading through Vision & Values, Strategic Decision Making
- 5+ years’ experience in the Insurance Industry field of which 3 years must be at Senior Position.
- Technical proficiency with Strong Analytical skills.
Bachelor’s Degree in any related Business subjects from an accredited higher learning institution.
Professional qualification (ACII) will be an added advantage.
CRDB BANK PLC offers competitive remuneration and benefits. The successful candidate will receive attractive and competitive package commensurate with demands of the position.
Mode of Application & Closing Date
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit an Application Letter accompanied with copies of academic transcript, certificates and with a detailed up to date CV with two work-related referees addressed to the Director of Human Resources to reach him not later than 23 rd December 2019;
Director of Human Resources
CRDB Bank Plc
P. O. Box 268
DAR ES SALAAM