CALL FOR PROPOSALS-APPLY OLINE
- Applicants can be public/non-government/academic/artistic/cultural organisations working in the creative and culture sectors. This includes artists, handicraft workers, agripreneurs, cultural actors, higher education institutions, youth-led and women led organisations, and social enterprises.
- Applicant/s must be able to demonstrate they have the necessary experience and capacity to manage activities and/or projects for the promotion of arts and culture in Tanzania.
- Applicant/s must be resident/s in a Partner State of the East African Community (EAC).
- Proposals can cover a range of different artistic expressions, both traditional and contemporary, such as painting, drawing, sculpting, music, theatre, drama, dance, cinema, television, photography, writing and storytelling.
- Quality and outreach of proposal.
- Projects have a regional or national scope.
- Projects that engage women, youth and underserved communities.
- Projects have an implementation calendar of a maximum of 12 months.
- Projects that are artistic and creative, innovative, and with potential impact.
- The total budget of the call is USD 80’000. The Embassy of Switzerland is seeking to support four initiatives between US $10’000 and US $20’000.
- Grants shall cover no more than 80% of the total estimated budget.
- Another source of funding (self or co-funding; financial or in kind) is identified and preferably confirmed, covering at least 20% of the total estimated budget.
- Administrative and overhead costs may not exceed 30% of the award, as long as these are directly linked to the project.
MODE OF APPLICATION
The deadline for submitting a proposal (in English) is February 8, 2019 at 1600hrs EAT. Proposals shall be submitted in soft copy by email to email@example.com in Adobe PDF (recommended) or Microsoft Word format with subject line ‘Call for Proposals: My Trash, My treasure’.