Mbeya University of Science and Technology invites applications from suitable and qualified Tanzanian Citizens to fill in the following vacant positions that exist as follows below:
Position: ICT OFFICER (Software Engineering) 1 POST
Holder of Bachelor Degree in Computer Science and Software Engineering from recognized institutions.
- Assist in capturing user Customer Requirement Specifications- CRS
- Perform systems analysis and design
- Implement software systems (Write and document code)
- Perform systems testing (Software validation & verification) and document test results.
- Perform system configurations
- Assist in conducting user acceptance test
- Participate in design review and provide input for user documentation
- Liaise with user support staff in supporting end users
- Maintain and support various business process applications
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the relevant authorities.
SALARY SCALE PGSS7
Position: ASSISTANT LECTURER – 6 POSTS
Applicants should possess the following qualification:
Msc (Civil Engineering) 3 Posts
Msc (Mechanical Engineering) 3 Posts
Holder of Master Degree in a relevant field with at least a GPA of 4.0 out of 5 and a minimum GPA of 3.8 out of 5 or its equivalent in the first degree.
- Carry out lectures, conduct tutorials, seminars and practical for undergraduate programmes;
- Prepare and present case studies;
- Conduct and publish/disseminate research results;
- Participate in consultancies and community services under supervision;
- Attend workshops, conferences and symposia; and
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by the relevant authorities.
SALARY SCALE PUTS 2
Successful candidates shall hold the office for One (01) Year and may be renewed upon satisfactory service.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania
- Applicants must attach an up – to – date /current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants who are currently employed should channel their applications through their employers.
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates:
- Degree/Advanced Diploma Certificates.
- Degree/Advanced Diploma Transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Professional Certificates from respective boards (if any).
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
- Form IV and Form VI results slips are strictly not accepted
- Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
- Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate legal action.
- Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on the date of interview
Application letters should be written in English.
Deadline for application is 7/1/2020 at 3:30p.m.
APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS;
THE VICE CHANCELLOR,
MBEYA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY,