Muhimbili Orthopaedic Institute (MOI) invites applications from suitably qualified and interested Tanzanians to work in its community pharmacy on Contract basis in the posts of:-
Vacancy title: Pharmaceutical Technicians (3 Posts)
The applicant should have a Diploma in Pharmacy from any recognized Institution. Must be registered by the National Pharmacy Board of Tanzania.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determining, preparing and ordering drugs and treatment instruments requirements.
- Storing and Dispensing drugs and treatment instruments as per prescription to patients and staff.
- Compounding/Manufacturing medicines.
- Educating public/patients on proper use of medicines.
- Inspecting drugs and treatment instruments.
- Providing information on reaction resulting from the use of medicine.
- Preparing report on the use of drugs and treatment instruments in the Institute.
- Keeping various records of drugs and treatment instruments.
- Assisting in procurement and maintaining adequate stock of drugs
- Assisting physicians, interns, nurses and patients on medications
- Sorting out and listing drugs expiring within three months for the attention of Superior.
Age: Not more than 25 years.
Remunerations: Attractive renumeration package in accordance with Institute’s Salary scale – PMGSS 4.
Vacancy title: Pharmacist
The applicant should have a Degree in Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) or its equivalent from a recognized institution. Must be registered by the National Pharmacy Board of Tanzania with working experience of at least 6 years as Pharmacist from the reputable organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising the community pharmacy on provision of pharmaceutical services.
- Preparing and coordinating Institute’s systems on procurement, storage and dispensing drugs and treatment instruments.
- Implementing directives of Institute Therapeutic Committee.
- Planning, organizing and directing pharmacy policies and procedures in accordance to the pharmacy board and Institute policies.
- Executing and coordinating scientific research and make use of their results to improve pharmaceutical services.
- Assessing quality, safety and efficiency of drugs and treatment instruments.
- Monitoring proper consumption of drugs and treatment instruments in the Institute. Educating junior staff, medical staff and public on proper use of drugs and treatment instruments.
- Providing technical advice on the pharmaceutical services in the Institute.
- Determining and controlling drugs and treatment instruments in order to prevent its misuse. Performing any other duties related to his/her work as assigned by his/her superior.
Age: Not more than 40 years.
Remuneration: Attractive renumeration package in accordance with Institute’s Salary scale – PMGSS 6.
Job application procedure
- Applications should be submitted in confidence including an application letter, CV, 3 referees, and copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and contact telephone number. Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Applications should reach the Executive Director within 2 weeks from the date of this advertisement through the following address:
Muhimbili Orthopaedic Institute
P.O. Box 65474
• All applications should be submitted via the post office or at Muhimbili Orthopaedic Institute (MOI).
• Applicants for the Pharmacist vacancy should have a valid Certificate of Full registration that will be displayed at the Community Pharmacy.
Deadline of this Job: 02nd November 2020.