Recipients of Webber Wentzel scholarships are people who we believe have the potential to become successful Webber Wentzel lawyers.
Webber Wentzel offers partial scholarships worth ZAR 50,000 each to dedicated South African law students.
As a recipient you will have the opportunity to participate in the Webber Wentzel student opportunities.
How to apply for scholarships at Webber Wentzel
Requirement for consideration:
South African citizen
Studying at a South African Institution
Registered for the penultimate year of study towards an LLB degree in the year the scholarship is awarded
Maintain a minimum 65% academic average (academic excellence)
Other factors that may be considered in appropriate cases include:
previously disadvantaged backgrounds; and
the ability to demonstrate financial need.
We require the following to accompany your application:
- Scholarship application form (BELOW)
- certified copy of ID
- academic transcripts of LLB degree up to and including November of the current year of study
- academic transcripts of any undergraduate qualification (and any other relevant qualifications)
- matric certificate
- a certified copy of Parent(s)/ Guardians/ Spouse or your latest pay-slip or latest financial statement if self-employed.
- sworn affidavits for each of your unemployed Parent(s)/ Guardians/ Spouse.
- a certified death certificate for each of your deceased Parent(s)/ Guardian/ Spouse. If death certificates are not available you may attach sworn affidavits for each of the deceased.
- a certified copy of the divorce certificate if your parents/ you are divorced or a sworn affidavit if they/you are separated but not divorced.
Webber Wentzel will consider employing scholarship recipients as candidate attorneys when they graduate, depending on their academic achievements, the existence of suitable vacancies and their performance in the recruitment process.
APPLY NOW FOR SCHOLARSHIPS