MUHAS and action medeor, Germany in view of their common objective, have reached a mutual understanding to enter into a cooperative arrangement and set out a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to collaborate in scientific research, development and training in the following general pharmacy fields: pharmaceutical quality assurance, industrial pharmacy, medicinal chemistry development, basic biomedical research applying advanced methodologies, drug discovery and development, data development and management, institutional capacity building, public health education and information technology.
For this academic year 2017-2018, Action Medeor will offer two scholarships to support training at the Pharm R&D Laboratory. The scholarship will cover the amounts stipulated in the MUHAS Postgraduate Guidelines. Therefore, MUHAS invites applications from suitably qualified candidates who meet the following eligibility criteria;
Eligibility criteria for ”action medeor foundation scholarships”: –
1. Possession of admission letter into Masters programme in the relevant disciplines listed above for
the academic year 2017-2018.
2. Appointment (employed) with MUHAS or other health sciences universities/Health
Other required qualities:
1. The applicant must be creative, hard-working, with good communication skills, and with genuine
interest to purse a research career
2. Should be self-motivated and committed to meet the expected objectives
3. Should be able to work independently
4. Should be able to organize and act as an effective “Team Leader”
5. Applicants working in underserved areas or local pharmaceutical industries will be given priority.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Note: Selection will be based on merit. Applicants with outstanding GPA will be given priority.
Documents required for application:
1. Application letter
2. Motivation Letter
3. Certified copies of ordinary level secondary education, advanced level education and degree
4. Certified copies of academic transcripts
5. Up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Closing date: Friday 15th November, 2017 at closing of working hours
APPLY SCHOLARSHIP THROUGH>>>
For application contact
All applications should be channeled through the Director of Postgraduate Studies, Muhimbili
University of Health and Allied Sciences. P.O. Box 65001 Dar es Salaam.