British Council | British Council Tanzania | British Embassy Tanzania | British Scholarships | British Council Funding Opportunities| Funding Opportunities for Tanzanians 2019 | U.S Embassy Tanzania | Scholarships for Tanzanians 2019 | Grants Funding opportunities for Tanzanians 2019 | Call for Proposals in Tanzania | Tanzanians funding Opportunities | U.S Embassy Scholarships for Tanzanians | The U.S Embassy in Tanzania | U.S Embassy Tanzania jobs | Scholarships for Africans to study in U.S.A | Scholarships for Tanzanians to study in U.S.A | Opportunities in Tanzania
British Council Creative Enterprise Programme 2019 – East Africa
Application Deadline: May 31st 2018
The Creative Enterprise Programme is a four-day practical workshop that equips creative entrepreneurs with the tools and knowledge they need to succeed. Expert facilitators, as well as local market specialists, will provide face-to-face support to help entrepreneurs explore business ideas, develop their business proposition, and create a business model that suits their hopes and motivations.
In June 2019, the British Council in partnership with Nesta (the UK’s innovation Foundation) will deliver the Creative Enterprise Programme again to East Africa.
- The programme will deliver a four-day workshop in Khartoum, Sudan from 24 – 27 June 2019, focusing on the following creative entrepreneur categories – graphic designers, visual artists, painters, mural designers, illustrators, fine arts and comic artists.
- The programme will deliver a four-day workshop in Kampala, Uganda from 05 – 08 August 2019, focusing on the following creative entrepreneur categories, performing artists, dancers, actors, fashion designers and filmmakers.
The Creative Enterprise Programme is designed to support entrepreneurs who are already in the process of setting up their own creative enterprise. The workshop content and activities are relevant to people whose businesses are up-and-running and those who are in the very early stages.
It’s suitable for people just starting out and for people who have been running a business for a long time, to take a fresh look at their business using new methods.
We want everyone to take part in our programmes. Wherever possible, we aim to make our programmes and services accessible to all interested applicants. Please let us know if you have any special access needs and we shall do our best to help.
All participants of the CEP must:
- Be a creative business, working in the relevant creative industry – fiction and nonfiction writers, editors, publishers, journalists, screenwriters, scriptwriters, illustrators, graphic novelists, comic artists, playwrights, bloggers and poets
- Have an already established enterprise or be in the later stages of developing an idea. This is typically a business no more than two years old but can be a more established business wishing to pause and consider their model through the CEP lens
- Be willing to share their knowledge and experience with the group in an open, supportive peer lead learning environment
- Come prepared to work on their business/idea, to progress through the programme, considering peer feedback, to strengthen their proposition
- Be open to supporting fellow participants in developing their idea through providing constructive feedback when appropriate
- Be available for the full duration of the programme.
For More Information and Application: