Position: Assistant- Human Resources
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
The School of St Jude is a 100% charity-funded education institution that provides free, high-quality primary and secondary scholarships to 1,800 of the poorest and brightest students in the Tanzanian region of Arusha.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for human resources and a strong interest in NGOs.
- Ensure all employee files are organised and updated in the HR Information System.
- Provide information by collecting time and attendance records.
- Submit employee data reports by assembling, preparing, and analyzing data.
- Maintain employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data in the HRIS (Aruti preferably).
- Provides secretarial support by entering, formatting, and printing information; organizing work; answering the telephone; relaying messages.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Orientation: ensuring new employees are registered with a social security fund and bank applicable to the employer.
- Clearance: assist employees with the withdrawal/claiming of benefits process from the social security funds.
- Managing employees leave records in the HRIS – Aruti to ensure accurate leave reports.
- Assist with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office.
- Assist with employee relations.
- Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
- Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by your manager.
ALL JOBS APPLY THROUGH>>>
Qualification, Skills and Competence
- Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration or Law (with solid Human Resources Work Experience)
- Dependability, Organization, Flexibility, Confidentiality, Independent
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Excellent written and verbal English and Kiswahili skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office and HRIS (Aruti system)
- Must demonstrate a high level of integrity and professionalism when dealing with confidential information
- Ability to effectively priorities and execute tasks
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
APPLY ONLINE THROUGH
E: [email protected]
Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a Cover Letter to [email protected] Applications should be sent by 7th November, 2017. SUBJECT LINE MUST INCLUDE THE REFERENCE NUMBER.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
The School of St Jude
PO Box 11875, Arusha, Tanzania