Mzumbe University, Jobs at Mzumbe University , Tanzania jobs, Jobs in Tanzania, Ajira mpya Tanzania, Nafasi za kazi Tanzania
ASSISTANT LECTURER – (5 Posts)
(a) Qualification and Experience
Holder of Masters degree in a specialized functional area with at least a GPA of 4.0. In addition, the candidate must have a minimum GPA of 3.8 in first degree and assessed as potentially good academically.
(b) Duties and Responsibilities
As an Assistant Lecturer you are required to:
- Undergo an induction course in pedagogical skills for those who have not acquired them;
- Carry out lectures; conduct tutorials, seminars and practicals for undergraduate programmes;
- Prepare and present case studies;
- Conduct and publish/disseminate research results;
- Participate/contribute in curriculum development;
- Recognize students having difficulties, intervene and provide help and support;
- Guide students in various academic issues;
- Participate in consultancies and community services;
- Supervise field practicals and undergraduate projects;
- Attend workshops, conferences and symposia; and
- Perform any other duties that may assigned by the supervisor.
(c) Area of Specialization:
i. Faculty of Law (2 Posts)
ii. School of Business (1 Post)
Major in Accounting
iii. School of Public Administration and Management (1 Post)
Human Resource Management
iv. School of Public Administration and Management (1 Post)
Records and archives Management
(d) Salary Scale: PUTS 2.1
MODE OF APPLICATION:
The application letters accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of relevant certificates and transcripts should reach the undersigned, in hard copies, not later than two weeks from the date of this advertisement. Candidates must also give names, contact addresses as well as telephone numbers of two referees best known to them. For those who are already in the Government employment they should channel their application letters through the employer.
- The position requires excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English & Kiswahili languages.
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through their addresses and/or telephone numbers.
Application should be sent to:
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration and Finance),
P.O. Box 1,
Deadline: 23rd August, 2019.