PATHFINDER INTERNATIONAL NGO'S
Pathfinder is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose.
Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent.
Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward. Change lives with us.
Pathfinder International is a remarkably successful organization…Its model of funding and working through local partners helps ensure the sustainability of programs…Despite all the barriers, Pathfinder finds ways to serve marginalized populations, including the poorest.” —Kofi Annan, Former Secretary-General of the United Nations
Pathfinder envisions a world where everyone has access to contraception, where there are zero new HIV infections, where no woman dies from preventable pregnancy-related complications, and where everyone leads a healthy sexual and reproductive life.
We champion sexual and reproductive health and rights worldwide, mobilizing communities most in need to break through barriers and forge their own path to a healthier future.
- Respect: Everything we do is built on a foundation of understanding and respect for the values, beliefs, knowledge, and capabilities of our staff, our local partners, and the people we serve.
- Courage: We go where others often won’t—among the most marginalized populations, in the most challenging environments, and in the hardest-to-reach regions—and do what others often don’t—confronting obstacles head-on and challenging the status quo—to achieve our mission.
- Collaboration: We embrace diverse perspectives and disciplines, joining with partners at the local, national and global levels towards a common vision and the realization of transformational change.
- Innovation: Our staff and partners seek out the most effective solutions, piloting new approaches and adapting current practices to respond to the ever-evolving nature of our work and the communities we serve.
- Integrity: We earn the trust of donors, partners, governments, and the people we serve by rigorously measuring performance, sharing our results, and holding ourselves accountable.
What We Do
The smartest way to solve the world’s toughest challenges is by investing in sexual and reproductive health and rights. Through our work, we are ensuring that more people lead healthy, fulfilling lives.
The largest generation of young people in history is coming...
From the US Supreme Court to developing countries, see how...
214 million women don’t have a choice about pregnancy....
Over 36 million people around the world live with HIV. See...
Every 2 minutes, a woman dies from complications in...
Reproductive rights and access to contraception: You...
An estimated 20 million women experience unsafe abortions...
Get in touch.
For general questions or inquiries, email us at [email protected].
For press inquiries, please contact Colleen Fazio.
For employment inquiries, please email our recruiting team.
For donor inquiries, please email our donor relations team.