UNHCR, UNHCR Scholarships, UNHCR jobs, UNHCR internships, UNHCR Sponsorships, UNHCR Fellowships, UNHCR 100th International Refugee Law Course 2019
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), the Institute is pleased to announce its 100th Course on international refugee law with a specific focus on the Global Compact on Refugees (GCR).
Government officials working in training national institutions and academics from the Global South, with experience on refugee issues, are invited to apply.
The Course will cover the principles, objectives and programme of action set by the GCR and will allow participants to strengthen their teaching skills and capacity to develop training modules through sessions devoted to instructional design and learning methodologies. During the week, the curricula will focus on the key elements of refugee protection, ranging from the legal framework to refugee participation and solutions.
The 100th Course is tailored and dedicated to representatives of national governmental training institutions and academics from the Global South.
This special edition of the 100th Course will only accept 25 participants. We apologise in advance if we cannot accept you for this year’s Course.
- Enhance the capacity of national governmental training institutions to embed the principles and areas in need of support of the GCR in their training programmes and modules;
- Empower national governmental training officials and academics to:
– Raise awareness on and advocate for the protection of refugees;
– Enhance and develop sound and sustainable training programmes, in methodology and topics, in line with the GCR;
– Ensure that their training programmes incorporate content conforming with the GCR;
– Harmonize the training approach and areas of focus among national governmental training institutions.
- Exchange of best practices and peer-to-peer support to enhance existing programme development and implementation mechanisms at the local level;
- Identify areas of cooperation between national governmental training institutions at the regional level.
For more information on the 100th Course please contact Ms. Melissa Amisano – Coordinator at the International Refugee Law and Migration Law Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.Queries on the course registration and administrative questions should be directed to Ms Patricia Panizzi at: email@example.com.
For More Information and Application: