Funding Opportunities in Tanzania, Scholarships in Tanzania, Scholarships for Tanzanians, Funding Opportunities for Tanzanians, Fully Funded Scholarships in Tanzania, Free scholarships to study abroad,The Catholic Relief Services International Development Fellows Program 2020
The Catholic Relief Services International Development Fellows Program 2020
Application Deadline: November 1, 2019.
The Catholic Relief Services International Development Fellows Program (IDFP) is a unique professional development opportunity for individuals dedicated to pursuing a career in international relief and development work.
During the 12-month fellowship period, fellows build their skills in programming and operations by taking leading and supporting roles on a variety of CRS projects overseas, completing a structured training program, and learning from experienced CRS staff and partners.
The fellowship program is designed to prepare fellows for success in a range of onward positions with CRS, by providing foundational training in:
- Project management (activity planning & implementation, monitoring, evaluation, accountability & learning, budget and resource management, reporting, etc)
- Project design and proposal development (participatory design, problem analysis, results framework, theory of change, technical and cost applications, etc)
- Systems & Operations (procurement, supply chain and logistics, human resources, finance, risk & compliance, staff safety & security, etc)
- Partnership (partnership assessments and strengthening, capacity building, joint planning & implementation, etc)
To complete the foundational training, fellows are assigned a variety of hands-on, practical assignments in each of the four learning areas. For example, current fellows are leading the start-up of new emergency response projects, conducting gender audits for integrated development programs, supporting the design of new projects, serving as acting procurement manager, overseeing rapid assessments, developing accountability frameworks, and much more. All fellows complete a comprehensive orientation, including security training, before relocating overseas.
- Graduate degree in field relevant and applicable to international development (e.g. Agriculture, Health, Engineering, Business, Public Administration, Finance, Supply Chain)
- Fluency in English with strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional proficiency in a second language (preference given to major languages spoken where CRS works)
- At least six months overseas work or volunteer experience in a developing country (consideration given to applicants with at least five years of experience living in a developing country)
- Strong interest in a career in development or emergency relief
- Willing to work in various regions and developing countries around the world
- Able and willing to be based in locations with tropical and infectious diseases and limited access to medical facilities
- Able to work respectfully and professionally in a cross-cultural environment
CRS provides IDFP participants with the following benefits:
- Great opportunities for professional growth and development overseas
- Stipend, allowances, and furnished housing
- Transportation to and from the country
- Extensive insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, travel/accident, evacuation and personal household effects)
- Paid vacation, sick and personal leave, and 12 paid holidays
We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
To be considered for the program, please complete the following 3 steps:
- Prepare a statement of interest (preferably no more than one page) that answers the following two questions:
- Considering the 4 primary learning areas of the fellows’ foundational training, what relevant experience can you leverage to be successful in the program?
- Which of the 4 primary fellowship learning areas interests you most and why?
- Update your resume or CV to highlight your relevant experience and qualifications
- Complete the IDFP application
Please note that incomplete applications will time out of the system after 7 days. If you wish to continue your application after that time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org assistance. The IDFP application will be open until November 1, 2019.
For More Information: