POSITION: MANAGING DIRECTOR
EPORTS TO: The Board of Directors
POSITION OBJECTIVES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Managing Director shall be the Chief Executive Officer, responsible for the day-to-day management of the bank, for provision of a dynamic and strategic leadership, vision and direction of the bank, ensuring appropriate outreach, growth and profitability while providing high-quality and transformational services. He or She shall be appointed by the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities
A successful applicant will be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties:
- Provide leadership in the provision of effective and efficient operations across the banks network;
- Formulating and implementing the bank’s vision, mission and strategic direction in consultation with the board of directors;
- Leading in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Bank’s strategic plans in line with stakeholders expectations;
- Building relevant organizational capacity to deliver on strategy by leading, guiding, directing and evaluating the work of Senior Management staff;
- Optimizing returns to shareholders through operational growth and effective capital management;
- Achieving operational results for all key metrics in line with the annual business budget and plans;
- Coordinate, propose and implement the delivery of technology based solutions which enable and support all aspects of the bank’s business plan in a timely and cost effective manner;
- Establish, implement and enforce a robust bank-wide risk management framework and systems (policies, processes and tools) covering operational risk, market risk, credit risk and other risks;
- Building internal and external strategic partnerships while liaising with relevant stakeholders to ensure that the Bank operates in a conducive environment;
- Formulating and implementing best-practice management principles while fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethics and sound corporate governance.
- Maintaining a conducive work environment, suitable for attracting, developing and retaining a dynamic and competent workforce;
- Ensuring effective public relations and enhancing the company’s corporate image with all stakeholders and partners; and
- Carry out other related duties as may be assigned by the Board from time to time.
Key Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- A Master’s degree in a Business-related field, especially Banking and Financial Institutions/Serves, or Corporate Finance and Investment, or Strategic Management, or Business Economics, or Business Management/Administration, or Accounting, or Business/lnvestment Law or other related disciplines from recognized university or institution; a PhD will be an added advantage.
- Being a member of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (CIB), or Certified Professional Banker (CPB), or National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or other professional Business related international/national membership is an added advantageAt least 10 years’ experience at executive management level within a growing banking and/or financial institution organization; with demonstrable positive experience in leadership and strategic management.
- Demonstrated record of growth and new business development experience;
- Excellent understanding of the commercial and financial services business; and good financial management and reporting experience;
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, risk and conflict management skills; Excellent people leadership and management skills;
- Willingness to live and practice the core values of the bank including the bank’s;
- Self-driven and results-oriented, ability to work conscientiously independently, efficiently and effectively; High level of integrity and honesty;
- Proven record of creating and maintaining lucrative external relations
The Managing Director shall be reporting to the Board of Directors, and will also be expected to report to the Permanent Council of Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC).
MKCB offers an attractive, competitive and negotiable remuneration package and benefits for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their CV with a cover letter explaining why they are suitable for the post. Submissions can be sent electronically to Board Chairperson through email address email@example.com or dropped physically or by post in the address below:
The Company Secretary,
Mkombozi Commercial Bank Pic,
Plot No. 40 Mansfield Street,
Behind St. Joseph’s Cathedral,
P.O. Box 38448,
DAR ES SALAAM. Deadline is: 4 p.m. Monday 21st October, 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.