- Daily management of the research data capture systems used by the main MSC and nested projects including clinical trials.
- Ensure safe backup and restore of production and development back-end environment
- Design and implementation of quality control procedures to ensure the accuracy and integrity of data collected.
- Data migration between legacy and new database systems.
- Design and implementation of procedures for data cleaning, validation and integrity checking.
- To implement all data management policies which include: data cleaning, validation and storage
- Perform and prepare data for statistical analysis and generate routine reports from clinical and laboratory surveillance and as required for clinical trial audits.
- Extraction of data from various data sources in response to research needs
- Line-manage data clerks to ensure procedures are being followed and to ensure the collection of high quality accurate data.
- To support the first line IT support person to ensure the correct implementation and maintenance of all Sickle Cell Programme hardware and network and access rights to database and shared file servers are maintained and meet changing requirements.
- Be responsible for ensuring all documentation of procedures (SOPs) and actions in relation to data collection, management, extraction and analysis are followed and filed appropriately, and ensure that that all other staff line managed by this position or who are conducting these activities have sufficient understanding and knowledge to conduct these activities appropriately.
- Assist Data Manager in recruiting and mentoring data staff, performing appraisals, and coordinating training.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc./BA, preferably M.Sc. in Computer Science or Statistics, Biostatistics or related discipline
- 1 -2 years’ experience in similar position preferably in a health related project.
- Communication: a. Excellent communication skills; b. Ability to write clearly; c. Ability to use e-mail, Internet, data scanning
- Data Monitoring and Evaluation: a. Data monitoring and evaluation experience; b. Data cleaning experience; c. Thorough understanding of SQL and relational databases; d. Experience with MySQL RDBMS
- Networks and Hardware: a. Network administration experience; b. Hardware support experience; c. Ability to troubleshoot and identify hardware and network problems.
Maintain study logbooks, files and review completed case report forms.
Supervision and assistance of the records officer, nursing, phlebotomist and laboratory staff during clinical surveillance.
Participate in clinical surveillance of on-going research project which involves filling in case report forms with clinical and laboratory information, specimen collection and storage.
Continually reviews and monitors staff performance with regard to the quality of data collection, patient care, and adherence to regulations (both ethical and bureaucratic) that the investigators have formally committed themselves to uphold.
Giving daily and weekly feedback to Clinical Coordinator, and writing report on progress and barriers.
Ensure High data integrity
Attends regular study meetings to discuss progress and problems with other members and gives ideas on how to improve systems of data collection, participant’s care and follow-up.
To carry out all other duties as assigned by the Clinical Coordinator
Diploma in Clinical Medicine
Strong computer Knowledge in statistical packages and Microsoft office
At least 2 years of working experience in clinical research or related field
Good work ethics and a desire to make a difference
Goal driven with strong attitude and commitment towards clinical research work particularly in Sickle Cell Disease.
Prioritizing of tasks and good time management
Excellent report writing skills
Ability to multi-task and handle pressure well
Flexibility and ability to work within a multi- cultural environment