Medical Teams International TZ
Reports to (position): Technical: Human Resource Officer
Location(s): Kigoma /Mwanza
Work Days & Hours: Monday-Friday, 40 Hours/week, occasional weekends, and public holidays
If Manager of Staff, Positions Supervised:
(directly & indirectly)
Grey Sections for HR Completion
EEO Job Class: N/A
Last Update: 10/12/20
(directly & indirectly) Direct: Cleaner/Cook & Guards
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Supporting referral management activities including collecting all necessary supporting documents for referral bills and ensuring required documents are in place for admission and discharge of referral patients. Work closely with Finance Department to ensure timely payment of referral management costs.
- Provide Administrative Support regarding referral management such as collecting bills, invoices and follow up on the permits for admission and discharge of referral patients.
- Support the Finance department in maintaining petty cash for emergency referral costs and ensure proper and timely liquidation of advances with adequate and appropriate documentations.
- Prepare and update the referral database on a timely basis with detailed information pertaining patient’s admissions and discharge for all elective and emergency referrals.
- Ensure prior approvals are sought for all investigation, emergency referral medicines and supplies obtained outside any hospital without Memorandum of understanding with MTI.
- Prepare a reconciliation of referral costs for treatment and meals against referral database.
- Maintain and update all referral patient files on regularly
- Assists in identifying and preparation of requisitions for various domestic needs in the Patient house such as electricity, water, and other supplies.
- Participate in Monthly referral coordination meetings.
- Coordinate with the referral focal person and the escorting nurse to ensure all new patients are registered with all required documents and given all necessary instructions and support.Provides orientations for new employees by sharing on-boarding training including MTI policies and
- Collaborates with Human Resource Officer in management of patient’s guest-house.
- Provide and support provision of timely response to Program team queries regarding referral activities.
- Follow-up documentation and payment for all vendors who are providing direct support to patients at the referral hospitals.
- Ensure maintenance and security of patient’s guest house.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies
- Utilize volunteers whenever possible.
- Additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
Degree in Social science, Human Resource Management, Organization Psychology, or a related qualification from a recognized institution.
- At least 1 years of experience in Administration or Human Resource Management is required
- Experience working with INGOs is an added advantage
Knowledge of Administration and Human Resource activities
- Administrative Skills
- Basic Financial Management Skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong command of written and spoken English
- Refugee Health System Management
- Computer Literacy with at least knowledge in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability quickly adapt to provide prompt service to visitors
- Friendly and welcoming attitude
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Ability to hold staff accountable to work responsibilities, MTI protocol and ethical standards
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITION
Tools and Equipment Used
Requires frequent use of personal computer, including word processing, database programs; calculator, telephone, and copy machine.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires occasional travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The employee may be required to travel to remote areas where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme weather, and very basic living conditions.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 26th October 2020. 5.00PM.
Interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV ONLY saved as your name (Surname FirstName) in PDF or Word ONLY with subject as ‘’Admin Assistant” including 3 work related referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate your Salary expectation/ current or previous salary/notice period, at the bottom of your CV
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line “Admin Assistant”