Reporting to Managing Director, advising board of directors and management of governance, legal regulatory matters and corporate secretariat services to the company.
Corporation Secretary Job Responsibilities
- Advising the board of directors on their duties, obligation, law and governance matters
- Preparing legal advice and opinion, legal interpretation on various matters and handling legislation, litigation, matters relating to the company.
- Safe custody of corporation seal, board correspondence, records and other documents.
- Ensure compliance with the law, rules and regulations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time
- Ability to raise funds
Qualification for the Corporation Secretary Job
- Bachelor’s degree in law(LLB)
- Current practicing certificate from the law society of Kenya.
- Proven experience as corporation secretary or similar governance role would be a n added advantage.
- Remuneration based on market rates.
- The job is on a 3 year contract.
How to Apply
Interested candidates for the posts 1 – 7 need to obtain clearance from the institutions below in compliance with the requirements of Chapter 6 of The Constitution of Kenya (2010) on Ethics and Integrity:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
Interested applicants should forward their applications including detailed curriculum vitae containing copies of certificates, testimonials, name and address of three referees. Those who had earlier applied need not to re-apply.
All application should be send to the under-signed on or before 4TH OCTOBER, 2017
BOARD OF DIRECTORS,
BUSIA WATER AND SEWERAGE SERVICES COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O BOX 392-50400,
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE.>>> FOR DAILY JOB ALLERTS
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” group=”Public”]