DUCE, The Dar es Salaam University College of Education, Jobs at DUCE, Nafasi za kazi DUCE, Ajira mpya DUCE, Nafasi za kazi Tanzania
The Dar es Salaam University College of Education is a constituent college of the University of Dar es Salaam in Tanzania. DUCE is located in Miburani ward, Temeke municipality close to Tanzania National Stadium
Deadline of this Job:
29th August 2019
Within Tanzania , Tanzania , East Africa
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the following temporary vacant position at the Dar es Salaam University College of Education (DUCE) situated at Chang’ombe, Temeke District in Dar es Salaam.
Job Title: Readers/Note-takers for students with Disabilities and Special Needs (Temporary Post). .
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To read and take notes on assigned reading materials for visually impaired and deaf students;
• Fetching reading materials from the internet and library for the students;
• To guide the students with physical challenges to different parts of the College e.g. Lecture rooms and outside the College: To provide students with disabilities with an accurate and full account of the information conveyed in lectures or classes and even outside the classes;
• To work in a helpful and flexible manner, maintaining confidentiality at all times, and;
• Applications are invited from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the following temporary vacant position
• at the Dar es Salaam University College of Education (DUCE) situated at Chang’ombe, Temeke District in
• Dar es Salaam.
• To perform any other duties that may be assigned by the relevant authorities.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications: Applicant must be a holder of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) or an Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE), good command in English and must have the ability to work with Students with Disabilities and Special Needs. Knowledge and skills in computer, braille writing and sign language will be an added advantage.
• Applicant must be a Tanzanian Citizen.
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted..
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the:
Deputy Principal (Administration)
Dar es Salaam University College of Education (DUCE)
P. O. Box 2329 Dar es Salaam
The deadline for submitting applications is 29th August, 2019.