Sense International Tanzania ,Ajira mpya Leo ,Jobs in Tanzania 2019 ,Tanzania Jobs, Ajira Leo , Ajira zetu, Nafasi za Kazi Tanzania , Ajira Mpya 2019 , Nafasi za Kazi Utumishi wa Umma, Jobs in Tanzania 2019 , Ajira mpya may 2019, Ajira Portal , Ajira mpya leo Tanzania, Nafasi za kazi 2019, Ajira Portal , Ajira mpya NGOs , Ajira mpya Serikalini , Ajira za wizara ya Afya 2019 , Ajira za wizara ya mambo ya ndani 2019 , Ajira mpya BOT , Ajira mpya Utumishi wa umma , Ajira za walimu Tanzania , Ajira mpya sekta ya kilimo na Ufugaji , Ajira mpya sekta ya afya 2019 , Ajira mpya jeshi la polisi 2019 ,Nafasi za kazi 2019 , Nafasi za kazi Tanzania ,Nafasi za kazi Serikalini , Ajira app, www.ajira.go.tz
Jobs Vacancies at Sense International Tanzania
Administration Manager | Deadline: 14th June, 2019
Sense International (SI) is a disability specialist charity, partnering with local organizations in Bangladesh, India, Kenya, Nepal, Peru, Romania, Tanzania, and Uganda. We are one of the world’s leading international organizations working for people with deafblindness/multi-sensory impairments (MSI) and their families. Our vision is of a world in which all people with deafblindness can be equal and active members of society. Sense International Tanzania (SI Tanzania) is a nationally registered NGO, delivering a range of education and health projects supporting people with deafblindness/MSI
We are looking for a Finance and Administration Manager for the following
Post: Finance and Administration Manager
Location: Sense International Tanzania, Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Country Director
Responsibility for: Driver, Office Assistant, and Interns and any Volunteers supporting with financial and administrative duties.
To manage Sense International Tanzania’s finances, procurement and administration (including human resources) and to support the Country Director to ensure effective running of Sense International as an organization and efficient implementation of Sense International programs.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Record keeping and financial administration
- Be responsible for all financial record keeping in SAGE and ensure the information is in line with Sense International Tanzania (SI Tanzania) budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure that all finances are properly administered and monitored in accordance with SI Tanzania’s Finance Manual.
- Ensure the timely provision of financial information when requested
Prepare monthly financial reports for the Country Director and finance team at Sense International UK, including expenditure against budget, completing the returns for funding codes and ensuring they are in a format suitable for posting onto the HQ SUN system.
Prepare monthly management reports on expenditure against budget and variance analysis for the Country Program Team
Sense International budgets
Prepare information and accurate forecasting for input into the budget process.
Develop the overall SI Tanzania budget working with colleagues
Prepare quarterly financial reports and provide expenditure verification to Sense International UK on request.
Donor budgeting, compliance, and reporting
- Participate in and contribute to budgetary planning meetings funding proposals for specific donors and support the Programme Funding Manager on preparation of bids
- Develop and monitor budgets for donor applications working with the Programs team and reforecast these as needed.
- Advise programme staff on adherence to donor specific financial procedures
- Provide expenditure verification to donors on request.
- Ensure the timely provision of financial information when requested, such as for donor quarterly reporting or at the end of a donor-funded project.
Banking, requisitions and Petty Cash
- Be responsible for tracking and maintaining petty cash reconciliations.
- Closely monitor the bank balance, maintain bank records, perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Act as the contact person with the bank for all financial matters (e.g. changing names on signatures etc. Administer requisitions system for staff needing cash for travel and programme activities in line with project budgets.
Submit payroll information as and when required to Finance and Administration Manager – East Africa in SI Kenya and ensure all statutory deductions are accurate and paid in a timely manner.
- Provide financial management support to partners, e.g. helping them establish systems of book-keeping and effective record keeping, ensuring compliance with the agreed budget and best use of funds, monitoring adherence to all financial aspects of the partnership agreement with SI Tanzania.
- To monitor partner organizations to ensure financial compliance, the alignment of activities to the budget lines, and compliance with procedures as stipulated by Sense International UK and donor requirements.
- To execute all financial transactions to partners on a monthly basis, with the authorization of the Country Director.
- Be responsible for any internal financial audit systems in Tanzania, as required.
- Lead on the SI Tanzania annual external audit.
- Lead on donor specific project audits.
- Liaise with the Sense International UK Finance team in relation to any external audits for Tanzania, as required.
Ensure that Sense International Tanzania complies with all the relevant statutory requirements, including compliance with laws and regulations governing companies and NGOs, and those governing employee rights and payment of taxes (TRA).
Ensure Sense International Tanzania’s official registration with the Government is appropriate and up to date.
Ensure annual returns and audit reports are provided to the relevant Government Ministry / NGO Co-ordination Board ahead of deadlines.
Be responsible, in consultation with the Country Director, for the procurement of goods and services, ensuring that appropriate quotes are obtained and that invoices are paid without delay.
Oversee correct implementation of the procurement system with strict adherence to thresholds (e.g. when three quotes are needed)
Ensure staff are aware of the procurement processes and oversee the implementation.
Ensure careful selection of contractors/service providers
Manage system of preferred suppliers carefully.
Ensure timely procurement which enables colleagues to meet programme-related deadlines.
Involve others in procurement decisions where additional scrutiny is required.
Manage import processes, including any duties /levies, tracking international goods to ensure timely and safe receipt.
Insurance: Renew in a timely way all insurance premiums that are due (including medical insurance, office equipment insurance, car insurance etc.)
Utilities: Manage and make payment of utilities and bills, liaising with suppliers as needed, taking into account cost effectiveness and available budgets.
Assets: Oversee the maintenance of the asset register (with serial numbers) and ensure safe custody of office assets, including computers, laptops, contents of the safe, petty cash, camera, projector and vehicle. Ensure staff use the sign in / sign out log correctly.
Records: Maintain records to meet legal and tax requirements, and safeguard all governance documents such as articles, memoranda, resolutions for the necessary number of years.
Governance: Ensure the NGO Co-ordination Board and any other official government bodies are informed of any changes in a timely manner e.g. election of a new Trustee to the Board; change of office address.
IT: Support admin staff to ensure a good level of service from the IT supplier and support resolution of IT issues
Ensure effective logistics for programme work, e.g. well maintained vehicle for field work, suitable environment and organization of meetings with external entities, booking of flights for staff and other entities, etc.
Office systems: maintain, and develop where necessary, the administration of office systems including filing systems with the support of the Office Assistant.
Ensure that the Office Assistant delivers on general administrative duties; postage, ordering stationery, etc. and the Maintenance of the physical working environment of the Sense International Tanzania office, including safe upkeep and maintenance of office equipment.
Ensure that the SI Tanzania HR Handbook is accessible and followed by all members of staff
Support with recruitment and induction processes with the Country Director
Ensure that all employee personal files are up to date and stored securely and in adherence to our Data Protection policy
Oversee the staff annual leave calendar with support from line managers.
Supervise, mentor and coach administration staff.
Monitor the staff training/development budget and encourage staff to utilize it (with support from the Country Director).
Planning & organizing annual team building events together with the Country Director.
Ensure implementation of the Sense International Safeguarding system
Be prepared to undertake any other duties within the role as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Education to Degree standard or equivalent, in Commerce, Accounting and or Business Management or Business Administration
- Relevant financial management qualifications (ACCA or CPA desirable)
- Substantial experience (at least 5 years) in financial and administrative operations, preferably in an NGO setting.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Relevant skills and knowledge in financial leadership and operational management.
- Ability to contribute to effective strategic and operational decision making.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Proven ability to lead, develop, manage and motivate teams and individual direct reports.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively and contribute to team working
- Proven ability to implement and monitor highly effective and efficient financial controls.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with donor requirements, relevant regulations and legislation.
- Ability to learn Tanzanian rules/requirements for NGOs to operate in line with legislation and URA requirements
- Demonstrated commitment to ensuring that the finance and administration function works collaboratively with other departments to deliver organizational goals.
- Sound working knowledge of Windows-based software packages, including Sage Accounting systems, spreadsheets, e-mail, the internet etc.
Strong commitment to high standards of service delivery and customer care.
Must be a Tanzania national or with legal right to remain and work in Tanzania.
Willingness to learn about deafblindness and commitment to Sense International’s mission.
Ability to work to deadlines and prioritize workloads.
A positive and proactive approach to all areas of work with a ‘can do’ attitude, in line with the organization’s values.
High standards of personal integrity, honesty, and discretion.
Experience of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
Understanding of Tanzanian rules/requirements for NGOs to operate
See more about our work here: https://www.senseinternational.org.uk/our-work/tanzania
To apply for the above position, please email your covering letter (maximum 2 pages) and current CV to the Country Director of Tanzania: [email protected]
Please include FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER – TANZANIA in the subject line of your email.
Your covering letter must include:
Why you are interested in this position
How you think your experience and skills match the job description
List your current salary/benefits
Your day time contact number
Available start date
Due to the high number of applications we anticipate receiving, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for applications 14th June 2019 at 5 pm EAT.
Interviews will be held week commencing 24th June 2019 in Dar es Salaam.
Salary: in the region of TZS 3,300,000 per month gross salary, dependent on experience and qualifications.
Sense International Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer.