Apply by: August 14, 2020
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
IHI is looking for a Clinical Training Coordinator to support The Newborn Essential Solutions and Technologies (NEST) program which aims at implementing comprehensive newborn care through innovative lifesaving technologies, the provision of both technical and clinical capacity-building, implementation of clinical and technical educational programs and the building of a sustainable distribution network. The Clinical Training Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating, managing and evaluating NEST’s training activities within health facilities and training institutions across Tanzania.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a strategic training work plan with the leadership team to enable the NEST program reach its milestones
- Develop and implement a training M&E plan with the leadership team to monitor progress of the program per its work plan
- Assist the leadership team in the development of clinical training programs and teaching materials in accordance with the NEST program’s milestones
- Coordinate training, supervision and mentorship activities within region, district and central hospitals, as well as training institutions
- Liaise and coordinate with clinical and nursing professional bodies, accreditation agencies, policy makers and regulatory bodies to ensure a smooth run of NEST program’s milestones
- Assist in managing the program’s training database
- Serve as a liaison between the program, health facilities, training institutions and ministry of health
- Coordinate and conduct supervision/field visits to training institutions and health facilities to monitor compliance with program plan
- Provide support in compiling and reviewing high quality reports to donors and program management in a timely fashion
- Review and analyze field reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in program implementation
- Keep abreast of developments in grant/program changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results
- Provide training support to teams in other NEST implementing countries as needed
- Participate/advice on data analysis, report writing and publications
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Principle Investigator
Qualification and Experience
Bachelor Degree in public health, nursing, midwifery or other health discipline 2-3 years of experience in the provision/ coordination of training in a clinical/health setting
Skills and Competencies
- Strong data interpretation, report-writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, including ability to coordinate effectively with diverse individuals and stakeholders to achieve results
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel extensively in-country and internationally as needed
- Excellent in written and oral communication skills
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to a successful candidate as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below. The deadline for this application is 1700hrs, 14th August 2020.
All e-mail application subject lines should read ‘CLINICAL TRAINING COORDINATOR – NEST’ Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager, Ifakara Health Institute, Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni,
P o. Box 78373,
Dar es Salaam