Partnership Facilitator I
This entry-level professional assists with interacting with the local church to build capacity and resources of local church partners to minister to children and youth in their own context. This facilitator is responsible for supporting relationships with church partners in a way that fosters mutual respect, trust, and service that builds up church ministry. At this level the incumbent may still be learning and assisting with moderately complex issues or projects for his or her assigned location and generally works under the guidance of her or his supervisor or a more experienced facilitator or as a team member on larger projects.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to serve, respect, and empower the church according to principles outlined in Compassion’s ministry philosophies.
- Supports relationships with the pastor, church or project staff and other key stakeholders. Builds respect and trust with the church and community by living out Compassion’s cultural behaviors in every interaction.
- Serves as Compassion’s key liaison with the church by providing resources to existing church partners in ways that are consistent with a developmental mindset.
- Helps churches to identify and utilize local resources, services, and relationships as well as maximize their own resources to support the ministry to children and youth.
- Assists with work plans and activities to reflect individual church needs. Helps churches implement plans to best grow in capacity and maturity.
- Supports and encourages cluster level activities and resources. Fosters and connects relationships within the cluster for the purpose of improving ministry to children, peer-to-peer learning, and addressing other needs in the families and the community.
- Encourages the participation of parents, children and youth in all aspects of the ministry. Actively supports church involvement in the broader community as an agent of social transformation that promotes child development and child protection.
- Assists with the contextualization of child protection practices at church partners. Supports child protection investigations as necessary.
- Upholds Partnership Management strategic process objectives within the scope of own contributions. Uses metrics and feedback from the church to identify areas for self development and improvement.
- Coordinates with the appropriate administrative assistants as locally defined, and those in Program Support or Business Support who have responsibility for Compassion’s role in those deliverables to ensure quality and completion.
- May participate in partnership preparation and selection activities as guided by the country’s specific strategy.
- Utilizes growing knowledge in partnership practices to meet expressed needs at church partners and collaborates with appropriate functional specialists to apply solutions.
- Proactively seeks understanding of details and needs of each church partner. Assists with the implementation of child and youth ministry at each church partner.
Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
Bachelor’s Degree in Community Development and/or related field.
Valid driving lisence
At least 1 to 2 years in related areas.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 50% of normal schedule
Closing Date: 18th December, 2019