NMB has initiated a program to define and implement a data management regime with main focus on Data Governance in order to set a foundation for improved data quality and data governance. The program entails designing and implementing data architecture, data models, data integration, reference and master data, data quality solutions, data governance structure, document and content management. The primary purpose of this role is to develop, implement and maintain the data architecture to support NMB data strategy ambition.
- Develop data entity/Data component catalog; data entity/business function matrix
- Develop application /data matrix which provides a data mapping of all the source systems, tables and fields that store different data assets.
- Define data lifecycle management to support the organization to manage the flow of data assets thought out its lifecycle
- Develop enterprise data model which show relationships between data asset.
- Identify and develop a target pipeline and aggressively market for new profitable customers from the identified target sectors and exploit cross selling opportunities.
- Create data conceptual models and logical data models for each data asset.
- Collaborate with internal and external personnel, including system architects, software developers, database administrators, design analysts and information modeling experts to determine project requirements and capabilities, and strategize development and implementation timelines.
- Collect business requirements and develop as well as document data models to satisfy those requirements.
- Analyze structural requirements for new software and applications.
- Develop conceptual, logical and physical models for new applications for database implementation according to project requirements for data acquisition and security as well as customer-defined deliverables.
- Develop the baseline data architecture.
- Develop the target data architectures to support data quality, data stewardship, data integration, data migration, and system collaboration.
- Perform gap analysis on new technologies, data modeling methods and information management systems to determine which ones should be incorporated into company data architectures, and revise the target enterprise data architecture.
- Provide strategic direction and technical expertise to meet data architecture needs.
- Coordinate with clients, data users and key stakeholders and develop and achieve various long term objectives for data architecture.
- Develop key metrics for tests on data and ensure integrity of same on data architecture.Coordinate with project supervisors and business heads and manage all projects
- regarding enterprise data.
- Participate in committees which make decisions on enterprise data, such as creation, change or remediation.
- Manage various data associated problems such as system configuration and integration on multiple platforms.
- Provide thought leadership and participate with projects that involve any data flows and processes.
- Assess data impact on new projects and change decisions.
- Subject matter expert on implementation of data solutions.
- Coordinate with the Data Science unit to identify future needs and requirements.
- Research new technologies, data modeling methods and information management systems to determine which ones should be incorporated into company data architectures, and develop implementation timelines and milestones.
- Understanding of Master Data Management technology landscape, processes and design principles.
- Understanding of information systems and data life-cycle management best practices and methodologies.
- Operational familiarity in the use of meta-data management, data quality, and data stewardship tools and platforms.
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles.
- Proficient with database modeling and management tools.
- Excellent analytical, creative and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with light to moderate supervision in various areas of responsibility.
- Strong planning, organization and documentation skills; Attention to detail.
- Ability to conceptualize and systematically work through projects in accordance with a structured methodology.
- Possess data analysis skills on how data is collected, analyzed, and delivered.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology or relevant field.
- Data management body of knowledge (DAMA DMBOK2) certification or equivalent is preferred.
- At least 5 years of data architecture experience.
- At least 5 years of data modeling & database design experience.
- At least 3 years of experience with information technology programs and services, with demonstrated expertise in enterprise data management and related technologies.
- Advanced level proficiency in Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Experience in financial services especially in Banking.
- Experience with project management tools and methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and operationalizing data base guidelines, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), web services, enterprise data management, information security, applications development, and cloud-based architectures with federal clients.
- Experience with enterprise data management technologies, including database platforms, ETL tools, and SQL.
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role.
- Understanding of Data Management frameworks.
- Familiarity with Database management, data warehousing, Data modeling and data visualization tools.
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
The deadline for submitting the application is October 28, 2020