Job Advert Data Officer (1 POST) – DAR ES SALAAM
Sickle Cell Programme is looking for a qualified individual to fill the post of Data Officer for a period of ONE year. The requested Data Officer will be a link between Data Coordinator and Data Clerk in SPARCO data management in general, specifically an implementer of all policies, SOP’s, data element and metadata analysis, lead clinics activities for data collection, preparation for analysis and documentation under data section. For the daily management of SPARCO data, he/she will be responsible to adhere with Health, Research, Advocacy and Training for the purpose of improving personal development as well as the programme goals.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Research Data Management
- Conduct routine data collection, compilation, cleaning and processing for entry into the Redcap databases.
- Audit, validate and upload data in the Redcap database using both Mobile App and Web based platforms.
- Designing, improving and updating live data bases for long term data storage and back-ups.
- Design and implementation of procedures for data cleaning, validation and integrity checking.
- Implement all data management policies which include: data cleaning, validation and storage.
- Perform and prepare data for statistical analysis and generate routine reports from clinical and laboratory surveillance and as required for clinical trial audits.
- Extraction of data from various data sources in response to research needs.
- Prepare daily and weekly reports.
- Scanning and filling of records, archive systems in accordance to the project procedures.
Monitoring technical Skills
- Be responsible for ensuring all documentation of procedures (SOPs) and actions in relation to data collection, management, extraction and analysis are followed and filed appropriately, and ensure that all other staff line managed by this position or who are conducting these activities have sufficient understanding and knowledge to conduct these activities appropriately.
Position Set Up
- Act as a link between Data Coordinator and data clerk to establish new operation procedures.
- Line-manage data clerks to ensure procedures are being followed and to ensure the collection of high quality accurate data.
- Support the first line IT support person to ensure the correct implementation and maintenance of all Sickle Cell Programme hardware and network and access rights to database and shared file servers are maintained and meet changing requirements.
- Assist Data Coordinator in recruiting and mentoring data staff, performing appraisals, and coordinating training.
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, health, IT or related discipline from recognized University
- Data analysis skills and knowledge (experience working with data tools such as Excel, R, SPSS, PLINK, Google sheets etc.
- Ability to work with database software such as MYSQL, MYSQL WORKBENCH etc.
- Experience working with Google Apps to automate processes.
- Data Management and Operational support skills.
- At least one-year experience in data entry/data management.
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical thinking and critical analysis skills.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to explain data to non-technical users, and ability to explain needs in technical terms with Data Coordinator and Data Manager of the programme.
This position will be on full time basis for ONE Year with annual review of performance. Applicants should send their CV’s, scanned copies of transcripts/certificates and a cover letter outlining their suitability as per the job description to: email@example.com by 16:30 PM on Friday, 20 March 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.