Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Job Number: GGM-2019-TR-06.
Number of Positions: 01.
Works For: Head Teacher.
Qualifications: Bachelor of Education Degree (3 year) and registration with the teaching Council in the Country of origin.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an English international school. Experience of teaching English to dual grade and multi grade classes.
Experience of teaching the International Primary Curriculum will be an advantage.
Purpose of the Role: To effectively deliver the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) in English to learners in dual grade classes across the full spectrum of early years and primary ages (Age 5 to 12).
Main or Key Accountabilities
1. Teaching and Learning
• Ensure each child’s learning by teaching the syllabus of all subject areas to the class in an appropriate manner.
• Differentiate class work as necessary to meet the differing ability needs of all children.
• Acknowledge that English is not necessarily the native language of all children in the class and adapt his/her vocabulary accordingly
• Ensure that all work is marked meaningfully, promptly and clearly and that corrections are undertaken where necessary.
• Ensure homework is given appropriately where and when necessary.
• Be prepared to be visited and observed by colleagues.
• Prepare appropriately for the short, medium and long term.
• Collaborate with other teachers in the planning to ensure continuity and progression.
• Participate in the development and review of curriculum in collaboration with the line Manager.
• Participate in the development and review of school policies where necessary.
• Formally report on each child’s progress at the end of each term.
• Continuously assess each student so as to be able to clearly justify and substantiate grades, levels or comments given in each report.
• Keep clear records of any levels, grades or marks attained by each child in classroom tests/assessments.
• Ensure that the homework diary is kept correctly and is up to date where appropriate.
• Be prepared to discuss report grades and each child’s progress with parents both on Parents’ Evenings and at other reasonable times throughout the year.
4. Classroom Management
• Ensure that the class atmosphere is conducive to learning.
• Provide an environment in which the children feel safe, confident and happy to learn.
• Have displays that stimulate learning.
• Ensure that children are not left unsupervised in classroom during lesson time or at break time.
• Ensure that children are sent promptly to specialist lessons.
• Insist on good levels of behavior, both in and out of the classroom.
• Supervise children in the play areas at break times according to the duty roster.
• Serve as role model to the children in terms of behaviour, dress, attitude and manners.
• Participate in the Extra Curricular Activities programme.
• Be available to attend and participate in extra-curricular events in the school calendar such as Parents’ Evenings, Concerts, etc.
• Actively support the ethos of the school.
• Be familiar with the Handbook for Families, with Staff Supplement.
• Uphold the Values of AGA and GGIS.
Must be registered with the Council of Educators or Ministry of Education and Vocational Training.
Mode of Application: Application cover letter (Subject should be: Teacher And/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental Snr HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application letters should reach the above on or before 30 September, 2019 at 17hr30 Pm . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.