Place of Work: Kibondo
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
The purpose of this job is to provide efficient and effective support to DRC Tanzania Mission in all procurement process.
- To ensure that procurement activities are carried out as per DRC Operation Handbook and DRC Dynamics system and maintain updated data record such as; Approved Supplier list, delivery follow up, procurement tracker prices list, etc…
- To ensure that DRC procurement processes are in accordance with the Operation Handbook.
- To handle the Purchase Request and ensure that the requester is well informed in the progress and any delay or unforeseen circumstances that may occur.
- To ensure that the approved Purchase orders are supplied and informed the requestors
- To ensure that the procurement tracker is extracted in DRC Dynamics and share with relevant program/department on weekly basis. Every Friday before COB.
- To share with finance and managers on weekly basis all commitment under the procurement.
- To support the supply chain department, establish a pre-qualified supplier list for Tanzania and Burundi
- To closely work with other support services departments to establish more Purchase Agreements for common goods needed for DRC operations.
- To support in establishing a price list of essential items and materials commonly procured to guide the program managers when raising the Purchase Orders and also for proposal writing.
- To carry out be-annual market survey to in order to review the procurement of goods to obtain the best value for money
- To maintain and reviewing all records of procured goods including their cost, deliveries and payment are done on time
- Monitor the supply market trends for updates information like current market price, new products and suppliers as well.
- Ensure a good handling of documentation and compliances work related to procurement are filed and kept in the good order for control and audit purposes
- To closely work with program managers and keep them informed at all time the status of their request to enable them to plan.
- To ensure that the DRC and Donors procurement procedures are comply and adhere to.
- To adhere to DRC Code of Conduct and DRC specific procurement procedures within the logistics department.
- Person specification
- Competent and organised logistician with a minimum of 1-2 years of international NGO experience
- Resource fullness and the ability to prioritise and cope with large amounts of work under pressure.
- Experience in procurement and supply chain management including procurement, transport, distribution, Warehouse and stock management.
- Experience in vehicle and fleet management.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Commitment to and understanding of DRC’s aims, values and principles.
Experience in working closely with the Refugees in the Camp
Deadline for submission is 07th January, 2020.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.